Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

After Leading Brexit Mess, Nick Farage Wants HIs Life Back

The Brexiters came, they made a huge mess, and then they left the rest of Britain to clean up the mess.

First Boris Johnson declared that someone must lead Britain forward but 'That can not be me.'

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-06-30/boris-johnson-next-u-k-prime-minister-cannot-be-me

Now Farage wants his life back. He should have kept it from the beginning. 

Nigel Farage has resigned as leader of the anti-Brussels UK Independence party claiming he has “done his bit” in helping to win the victory for the Leave campaign in last month’s EU referendum and now “wants his life back”.

Mr Farage, who is an MEP, said: “The victory for the Leave side in the referendum means that my political ambition has been achieved. I came into this struggle from business because I wanted us to be a self-governing nation, not to become a career politician.”

He added: “I feel I have done my bit and I can’t possibly achieve more than we managed to get in that referendum and so I feel its right that I should step aside.”

"This is the second time Mr Farage has announced his resignation as Ukip leader; he did so after the 2015 general election having failed to become an MP at Westminster, only to reverse course later."

"Douglas Carswell, Ukip’s only MP, is now the bookies’ favourite to replace Mr Farage as party leader."

"His decision is the second surprise retreat by a leader of the Leave campaign in recent days. Boris Johnson, the former mayor of London, shocked Westminster last week by dropping out of the battle to lead the Tory party — and become the next UK prime minister — after former ally Michael Gove said he would stand against him."

"Mr Farage said the UK needed a team from across the political spectrum to spearhead the Brexit negotiations and “crucially, we need some business people who not only know how the world works, but understand the importance of lobbying industry directly”.

https://next.ft.com/content/8257afbc-41c7-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1

Too bad he and Johnson didn't consult with people who know how the world works before pushing the country into this bad vote.

But it does kind of show that now that Brexit has happened, all the leading Brexiters have been repudiated.

"During the referendum campaign, Ukip was criticised by mainstream politicians on both sides for a poster of Syrian refugees on a road in the Balkans under the headline “breaking point” to highlight migration concerns."

But Mr Farage said: “I do believe myself that it’s Ukip and Ukip’s messages that inspired non-voters to go out there and make the difference. Without Ukip, there is no way that the Leave vote would have got over the line."

"Exactly. They are the one that pushed for this irresponsible vote despite having no idea what they were talking about as Farage now admits."

"He said leading Ukip had been “a huge chunk” of his life. “During the referendum campaign I said I want my country back. What I’m saying today is I want my life back and it begins right now,” he said."

After trashing the place, he'll leave the responsible politicians to clean up the mess.

At least Rebecca May-a responsible politician-is the favorite to be the next Conservative PM.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-uks-hillary-clinton.html

If there's a silver lining, it may lead Americans to realize running the country is not a joke. Hopefully Brexit makes Americans realize what happens when you fall for the lies of an ignorant demagogue.

Like a conservative like Kori Schake did after Brexit.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/how-brexit-convinced-me-to-vote-for-hillary-clinton-214006

No comments:

Post a Comment