Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Party of Steve Scalise is Outraged Over Trump and David Duke

If you want to know how the GOP Establishment got here this is it. 

They are trying to act outraged about Trump not condemning David Duke when their number three ranking Republican in Congress has a history with David Duke-Steve Scalise, the House Whip. 

"1:45 p.m. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump refused to condemn prominent white nationalist David Duke on Sunday or distance himself from the support the former Ku Klux Klan leader gave last week."
"CNN "State of the Union" host Jake Tapper asked Trump if he would "unequivocally condemn David Duke and say you don't want his support."

"Trump dodged the question."

"I don't know anything about David Duke," he said. "I don't know what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacist. I don't know. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about."

"Tapper pushed back. Trump suggested Tapper send him a list of "the groups" and he could research them. At which point, Trump said he would "disavow if I thought there was something wrong."

"The Ku Klux Klan?" Tapper asked.

"It would be very unfair," Trump continued talking over Tapper. "So give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know."

"I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here," Tapper said.

"Honestly, I don't know David Duke," Trump said. "I don't believe I've ever met him, I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him, and I just don't know anything about him."

Trump had a harder stance when asked about it at a rally on Friday. He reportedly said about the endorsement, "I disavow." Trump tweeted about the exchange Sunday afternoon:

As I stated at the press conference on Friday regarding David Duke- I disavow."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-resfuses-distance-white-supremecist

Gawker also trickedTrump a RT of Mussolini.

http://gawker.com/how-we-fooled-donald-trump-into-retweeting-benito-musso-1761795039

Still, Trump is right: the GOP is badly run.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-republican-party-run-properly

If it weren't would Donald Trump be leading across the board?

11 comments:

  1. Mike, I haven't even read the whole thing yet, but I started laughing right away from the title, picture and 1st paragraph. Enjoy:
    http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=31516
    I didn't know Sumner had EVER banned anybody. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've at least looked at the title from the one above (and maybe the 1st few lines), you might enjoy this: I give Sumner a heads up about a couple of upcoming Intelligence Squared debate.

      Delete
    2. Went and checked out that debate Tom. Interesting!

      I must say though that the way the two guys against the money printing framed he whole operation of QE made it sound more like "Intelligence Halved". The guy carrying on about corn in silos was especially annoying. How is it that guys immersed in the modern credit money system can get so much wrong?

      To be fair though, both teams liked framing the extra reserves created as "cash sitting in bank vaults"....... painful!

      Delete
    3. Hey I just skipped to the end of the debate and listened to the results from the audience and I must say Im a little surprised. I didn't expect the nays to gain that much which tells me how bereft the average person is of knowledge of a fiat credit money system. The one guy for the nays sounded like Bernie Sanders, attacking Wall St and banks for vacuuming up all the gains form QE. The other guy sounded like he was going to introduce a bill advocating adopting a corn standard (I guess corn is a gold color!)

      We've got a long way to go in this country

      Delete
    4. Greg, I'm glad you listened... I haven't yet myself! Thanks for the review though.

      Delete
    5. I did read Sumner's piece on 'Crusher of Pussy'

      I myself had exchanged words with COP the other day. Which shows how obnoxious he is. I barely ever comment at Sumner anymore-too focused on this election.

      For some reason he attacked me. LOL.

      Wasn't sorry to see Sumner banned him

      Delete
    6. Sounds like interesting stuff Greg and Tom. You know me-I can't even think about a rational monetary debate right now.

      Sumner probably is right that politics shaves 20 points off your IQ.

      But it is what it is. People may not like how sausage is made but that doesn't mean it doesn't have to be done.

      Delete
  2. Mike, do you suppose a president Trump might have the Washington Monument replaced with a giant statue of his penis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't rule it out. That applies to any question with Trump in it

      Delete
  3. Now RS is saying that Trump will probably pick worse justices that HRC:
    http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/02/28/donald-trump-probably-nominate-worse-scotus-justices-hillary/
    Given that that crowd go ape-shit over justice picks, that's really saying something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, this is a hilarious enemies list RedState has put together. Interesting that they're just now figuring out that this crowd is a bunch of scum buckets:
    http://theresurgent.com/publicly-shame-donald-defectors/
    It kind of detracts from their credibility though. How is it that they didn't detect that this lot were "traitors" years if not decades ago???

    ReplyDelete