Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Stephen Colbert Seems to Want Another Bush

Is it me or is he really not all that funny out of character? Maybe he should have stayed that guy he was on Comedy Central.

I'm still not sure his new format playing himself is working for him.

But while he's famous for his roast of George W. Bush at that correspondence dinner back in 2006 and rightly so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A

I don't know that he's so great on Letterman's old show. Don't get me wrong: I came into the show expecting to like it and I'm not sure than I don't but I'm not sure that I do either.

It's kind of like Saturday Night Live-you feel like after the first bit that's usually good the rest of the show you're kind of debating Is this actually funny or not?

Which is not really how funny works, Something that's truly funny you don't have that conversation.

Ok, I don't want to push the gong or anything yet but it's at least debatable how good he's been so far.

Maybe he will get better which I actually think Chris Hayes has on MSNBC-he was another who I expected to be good but was disappointing at least at first.

But as far as teh politicians he's had on, it's been all about giving us another Bush. I don't know if Jeb pays him but he ought to. Consider who he had on the show:

1. First guest was Biden. In other words the first show was an attack on Hillary Clinton.

2. Then he had on Bernie Sanders. In other words an attack on Hillary Clinton

3. Last night he had on Trump, but Politico claims Colbert Bests Trump. Now this is not an attack on Hillary but it is a lifeline to Jeb Bush.

It's all part of Politico's narrative as well as it has another headline that claims Fiorina continues to get the better of Trump: this is antoehr pro Jeb headline.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/trump-fiorina-2016-213953

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/09/politico-keeps-up-its-relentless-anti.html

Anyway, you put 1,2, and 3 together and Colbert-as well as Politico-is trying to weaken Hillary while help out Jeb.

But then an American aristocrat like him is used to having things handed to him so why not the Presidency?




No comments:

Post a Comment