Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Biden Says He's Still not There

And my guess is he never will be but that he kind of enjoys the interest-he never will be as popular if he were to get in.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to run. If he had then he should have taken the necessary steps to do so at least a year ago. At this point, if the window hasn't closed, it is rapidly closing.

In an interview on Sept 17 he himself admits the obvious:

"Joe Biden's thinking about a potential White House run has not changed, but the vice president acknowledged in an interview conducted Sept. 17 that it might already be too late to jump in the race by the time he and his family decide."

"Ahead of Pope Francis' visit to the United States this week, Biden told a Jesuit magazine that it remains a family decision. And the family is not there yet."

"I mean, I've just got to be certain that if I do this, I'm able to look you in the eye and everyone else and say I'm giving all my passion, all my, all my energy and will not be distracted. And secondly, equally as important, the other piece is: Is this moment, is this the best thing for the family as a unit?" Biden said in the interview with America magazine published Monday."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/joe-biden-2016-no-decision-yet-213875#ixzz3mOGwnSo5
This of course totally contradicts the Wall Street Journal piece Saturday that claimed 'It's now a question not of if but when' he gets in the race.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-wsj-latest-attack-on-hillary-biden.html

I'm just shocked that it was totally false. I had argued it probably was as a Friday Politico piece also talked of how he and his advisers were talking as if he could come in much later-even Spring only if her campaign truly sinks.

So the Biden people are sitting here waiting  for Hillary to fail? I understand they love their Boss but what about the Democratic party and the future of this country?

What about the President's legacy and agenda that Biden has been such an important partner for?

And now they are willing to put all that in peril by trying to hurt Hillary's campaign? Because every day it just gives the media something to attack her with. Every poll makes it sound like she's not doing as well as she is as the media insists on making polls with him in it the frontline number.

That WSJ piece was also contradicted by a pervious Politoc piece late last week.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/09/does-biden-plan-to-play-footsie-with.html

I've heard some feel that we Hillary supporters are too tough on Biden. Speaking for myself I'm not trashing him. He's been a great Vice President and a wonderful public servant.

But if he wanted in here he should have gotten in two years ago. If he had I might have considered him.

I just want the Democratic party to win. In early 2013 I probably would have been open to a Biden candidacy but Hillary was the one who really wanted it and in truth I think she kind of deserves it. This woman has given so much to the party and this country for so long and she has suffered  a lot to from the nasty press attacks she's taken from the press for 24 years.

And those promoting Biden as a savior now are not doing so to help the Democratic party. It's just the same Beltway baloney we got in 2011 when they were 'advising' President Obama to drop Biden as his VP for Hillary.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/09/remember-when-media-wanted-obama-to.html

Biden I think is very wise to not run and quite honestly if he keeps milking this he's going to turn some Democrats against him. The knives will come out. You see that today with this Politico piece documenting what he did to Anita King.

This is not a hit piece as it's' the total truth but it is a very tough piece.
"If the vice president runs, Clinton and other opponents could use his treatment of Anita Hill to erode his support among women and blacks."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/biden-anita-hill-women-senate-clarence-thomas-213864#ixzz3mOP4OLSQ

I love Joe but he is way too late the the party. I think Democrats are going to start holding this against him. I understand the human side of what he is going through. But I have to say that while he talks about thinking of his family in making this decision, I wish he would also think about the party.

It would help Hillary if we could put this to bed. Maybe this interview he did will help with this.

P.S. I don't think he has much luck with the African American vote-and his Anita Hill problem will accentuate this. Hillary may not have won the primary but Biden was never a factor in it. He's not a great candidate.

The Black Caucus is solidly behind Hillary. The media flaks who tell us her supporters aren't passionate don't read Twitter and Facebook.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/09/black-caucus-to-biden-we-only-have-eyes.html

P.S.S. So while he thinks about the best interests of his family I would hope he is also thinking about the best interests of the party-and the country which I think is clear is for the Democratic party to win in 2017; can you imagine if the GOP were to win? They can't even run Congress.

All this talk of him running may be therapeutic to him but it's not been a net positive for the party but rather a distraction by which the media can throw spitballs at Hillary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment