Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Nanute Wins Last Men and OverMen Reader of the Month Again

Second place is certainly Tom Brown. Greg receives honorable mention, but Tom Brown is the best commentator to be sure.

If you want to be a great commentator, study Tom's work.

But to be Most Favored Reader, see Nanute.

Nanute was a Bernie supporter-I say was, as Bernie is done. Hillary will be our nominee and Nanute of course will vote for her and against Hitler 2.0.

But there is one thing that Nanute does that puts him a head and shoulders above the rest.

He purchases his Amazon products off of my blog.

Again, it's not even a donation, assuming you ever purchase anything off of Amazon. Simply use a link-any link-off of the blog.

Ok. It's a donation if you never buy anything from Amazon normally. Then if you want to donate, you can do it by purchasing an Amazon product.

Think about it: you get two for the price of one:

1. You get the satisfaction of helping your friend and favorite author, Mike Sax out.

2. You also get something of value off of Amazon.

On the other hand if you're an avid Amazon buyer anyway-you literally are not spending anything more than normal. You're simply doing what you normally do, while helping me out, buy linking to Amazon off of Last Men and OverMan.

Ok, so today's fundraiser is finished.

Actually there is a number 3.

3. If you want to make sure there is a President Hillary Clinton and a Democratic Congress, that is what I'd spend a lot of the money for if I was able to make a few bucks.

Beyond simply touching up my savings, if I could afford it, I'd go to a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.

So there'd be three things you could gain. It would also help in the effort to avoid Hitler 2.0.

So.

1. Helping your friend and favorite author out

2. Get whatever you want off Amazon

3. Contribute in the effort against Hitler 2.0.

What they call a win-win-win!

P.S. Just the other day, a woman called from Planned Parenthood on my business phone!

Yes, she talked me into giving her $25 even though I'm a bit short in money for now-this hopefully will change soon.

Irony: this is supposed to be the line I use to talk folks into letting us help them get a loan mod but instead it was used to get me to give away my money. 

Yesterday, I unhooked the phone for the weekend. It's too expensive to keep it on during non working hours! LOL


14 comments:

  1. Without a doubt, Tom is your best commenter. And in case you missed my late comment/reply to one of Tom's last week: If you don't behave, I will come out and kick your ass in front of your house. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll behave as soon as Bernie respects the democratic process and drops out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tom. He's just kissing ass. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm just trying to encourage others to do the same: that could be your ass. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, one of your (Amazon?) banner ads had "Make America Great Again" hats for only $10 a couple of weeks back. I'm still on the hook for one for my brother, so I may get one... but I'm still a bit sickened to think that that money somehow goes to Trump's campaign. Worse yet, if it goes to paying off a loan Trump made to his campaign. About 10/25 as sickened as for a $25 hat from Trump's website (which I also found through your Amazon banner ads), but still a bit sickened. I wonder where those hats are made anyway? Do you suppose China? Mexico? Lol... wherever they're made, I expect they cost about $1 to make, and a good bit of the rest goes to Trump. I'll take a look today... maybe those hats rise and fall on the week's news... Lol (they should be a bargain after last week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... did you see those perfectly good "Make America Great Again" hats being burned by the mob in San Jose? That would really be something... a partially (mob) burned hat from an anti-Trump rally, snatched off the head of a real Trump supporter. Lots of ethical problems with that... but that would actually be quite a novelty!

      Delete
  6. Ill take honorable anything! Mentions... discharges....

    Speaking of honorable discharges, I played golf yesterday in Savannah and I got paired with a military guy who is moving back to Savannah form DC after 3 years behind a desk. He was a super nice guy (and good player he shot 1 under 71!) that shared a passion for B1G football with me (He's a Cornhusker fan). Any way I tried to keep the subject on football, golf etc but one other guy in the group made a comment that left an opening for a statement to declare your politics and this guy quickly (with a roll of the eyes) said Oh dont worry President Trump will fix it! Then as we were riding to the next tee he sarcastically said to me " I cant wait til America is great again!!".

    Now, this is one 40yr old guy who has been in the Pentagon for 3 years so I hesitate to take too much from it but Im sure he is not alone in thinking that Trump looks/sounds like a buffoon much of the time. I thought it was a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW Mike I dont know if you saw where Scott Adams gave Hillary some serious props for her recent approach to attacking Trump. He thinks she needs to do more of it and she may have found the way to sway some emotions and defuse some of Trumps "word power" (my term not his). He specifically calls her term "thin skinned" a linguistic kill shot. Mainly because it hits home and Donald could likely react poorly to continued use of it.

    He does finish his post with this though (which I think is dead on);


    "In other news, Clinton’s social media people obviously hate her because this keeps happening. (Keyword = yet)"

    and he shows a tweet where @Hillary says;
    "Donald Trump is already making Americans less safe, and he's not even president (yet)"


    WTF?!! Why is someone from the Clinton camp not saying , " Hey we dont need to place the idea of Trump presidency in OUR OWN TWEETS!!"

    I agree with Adams that that kind of shit needs to stop.



    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting that Adams thought she nailed it in the speech. A lot of people who are not usually very complimentary of Hillary thought she did.

    The consensus seems to be that she figured out a way to troll him without diminishing herself.

    Like Rubio had tried to troll Trump but diminished himself even more than Trump.

    Jeb too, just seemed more peevish and whiny when he attacked Trump.

    But many-like Jamelle Bouie-are sayying that she managed to take the idea of a Trump Presidency very seriously without taking him at all seriously.

    See-I just committed the same error-according to Adams-by speaking of a 'Trump Presidency.'

    Actually I'm just quoting Jamelle Bouie who did it.

    I think though, the reason her team did-and Bouie and others-is that we want to get people to think about what a President Trump could be like.

    The very idea of President Trump is kind of terrifying, is what she is arguing. Look at how he is hectoring that Trump U judge.

    What happens if Trump actually had the power of the Presidency behind him? I think that might be the utility of warning about a President Trump?

    And if I was a Trump U litigant I'd be pretty concerned. While Trump says that judge is unfair, he already was more than fair to him by postponing it till after the election.

    If the judge won't rule against Trump before the election, what are the chances he would after the election is over and Trump actually has won?

    So what Hillary is doing I think is appealing to the emotion of pure fear and anxiety. It's like LBJ's Daisy ad. Can you imagine this man with the nuclear codes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting story about the military man playing golf. I think most military men like him are absolutely appalled by the idea of a President Trump.

    You know with Trump it's more than simply agreeing or disagreeing about issues. There's fear that he would not observe democratic norms and respect constitutional limits.

    He certainly hasn't whatsoever during this campaign.

    True, the military might refuse some of his more outlandish orders. The former CIA director, Michael Hayden, said the same.

    You can argue that our system is strong enough to not let Trump go too far. Maybe it's true but why would you want to test it?

    Does anyone really want our fate hanging on the discretion of Michael Hayden to disobey a Trump order?

    Again, maybe he would but why would we put ourselves in such a position?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if you saw this one Greg, but I wrote about the idea of 'political violence' at Trump rallies and also talked about Michael Hayden, etc.

    What I mean by political violence isn't necessarily literal, physical violence but simply stepping outside the rule of law to protest Trump.

    I'm a good liberal and the idea of stepping outside the rule of law never makes me happy.

    But Hayden himself says the CIA would do so if there were a President Trump.

    I think that's inevitable if you have a President who is himself governing outside the rule of law.

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2016/06/on-violent-protesters-at-trump-rallies_4.html

    ReplyDelete