Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hillary and Obama Hug While Flint Mayor Karen Weaver Hugs Hillary

Doesn't this cut against all the hateful things that Hillary haters say about her? That she cares for no one but herself, that she's a hypocrite that she only cares about Wall St. etc?

Think about it, if this were true why would Karen Weaver hug HRC so closely?

""We want a friend like Hillary in the White House," Weaver told reporters on the call, which was organized by Clinton's campaign. "That's exactly what we need to have happen."

She was much less impressed by Bernie demanding Snyder step down-after HRC had already brought it up at the debate.

Meanwhile Rick Snyder is trying to blame everyone for what happened in Flint but Rick Snyder.

The Governor in saying 'Your government failed you' is not actually apologizing at all to the residents of Flint who have no clean water to drink-or to bathe with.

Because in Governor Snyder's lexicon, 'government' means the EPA, the federal government-or even the local officials of Flint who his emergency managers law disenfranchised. It means everyone in government except Snyder's Republican Administration who heads the Michigan government.

Rachel Maddow did a great job last night with her Flint special.

She has been the one who made us aware of what has been going on there. As she correctly says, the Original Sin in Flint was the emergency manager laws. Democracy has been stricken from AAs in Michigan. 

President Obama told Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow to thank Rachel for him personally last night. 

As Rachel says, as a nation, all of us who are not from Flynt-I for one have never been to Michigan-need to make rebuilding the city of Flint a national priority. 


  1. Flynt: unbelievable mess there. That manager moved on to do some damage to Chicago schools now I understand?

    O/T: TPM post that caught my eye: GOP strategist Rick Wilson said:

    "The fact of the matter is, most of them are childless single men who masturbate to anime. They’re not real political players. These are not people who matter in the overall course of humanity," Wilson said of Trump supporters on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes."


  2. Go Trump! Go Trump!

    A perfect election for me: Trump runs the board on the nomination. "Establishment" (you know: people like Erick Erickson, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck, Lol) strikes back at the convention, splitting the party in two. HRC wins with 70% of the vote, while the extremists fight over the remaining 30% with their two candidates.

    Seething with mutual resentment, the two GOP camps vow never to work with each other again and do all they can to sabotage each other out of pure spite. For say the next 50 years or so.

    1. ... addendum: after their failed bid for the WH, Trump, Cruz, Carson, Huckabee, Levin, Ailes, Murdoch, Perry, Coulter, Palin, Hannity, Falwell, Limbaugh and Santorum are arrested during a raid on an underground gay sex brothel, where underage Mexican-Muslim boys were to provide the "entertainment." Security cameras capture the whole thing on video, which is leaked to the internet.


      (The boys are saved from their awful fate BTW, because the raid happens just in time)

      OK, back to reality.

    2. ... did I mention that all the boys are named "Jesus?" That should make for some interesting headlines.

    3. Yes I just wrote about the latest from Trump and his new rival event to the debate tonight.

      Trump vs. Ailes: Who gets more viewers tonight?