Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

TurboKitty: A Bernie Woman With a Vendeatta Against Hillary Clinton

TurboKitty is one of my ghosts of Christmas past. She was once on the air with me on a progressive Internet radio station-Bob Nomad had fixed us up.

We got along fine at first-and for the most part we always did. We never had a fight. I when we started it seemed we had a decent amount in common as we were both Obama supporters-my issue was with the fireabaggers at places like Firedoglake who hated Obama and seriously talked as if he were the anti-Christ.

On the air I was the guy who did most of the talking. This was what Bob and her were impressed with-that I can go on this long about politics. We had a 2 hour show and I'd do 75 percent to 80 percent of the talking.

She would tell me there's no way she could talk that much. In retrospect I would like a radio gig again but this time

1. Just for an hour for starters though in time I might go longer again. I came to see the value of commercials. Guys like Howard Stern or Rush Limbaugh talk for hours but they have lots of commercial breaks-which are not just about selling stuff-they give the host a chance to rest and are necessary to give the show some rhythm

2. I'd do it with my main man Kev this time. He's my best friend, he's done radio before and he and I have had some mock sessions. We'd meld better than I and TK ended up.

Not that I ever really came to dislike her. More like she came to dislike me. It seemed that after I'd talk for 40 minutes straight her reaction was to declare that I was totally full of it and then she'd explain how it really was.

I spoke early about the divide in American politics between populism and liberalism.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/08/why-you-have-to-take-trump-seriously.html

That I think was our ultimate problem I'm a liberal and she's a populist. Populism tends to get me a little previous as it sounds to me like uninformed ranting.

Populists are more prevalent in both parties than liberals-though we liberals are more prevalent than true political conservatives.

More or less what ever I said she found a way to bring it back to the banks and why we need to basically burn them down or something like that.

Then one day I got to the show and she simply bailed. She had gotten involved with Occupy Wall St and decided the show was a waste of her time-at least with me as the lead host.

We exchanged some unpleasant words-I think just wrtting on Skype-and that was that. I tried a few times to apologize if I seemed a bit off that day but she never responded to my messages.

So now I come across a post she's written recently that I read with great interest:

"I can see the look in your eyes. Politics, politics, politics. Before Citizen’s United, it wasn’t like this, it wasn’t a non-stop barrage of political rhetoric. Ah well …"

https://turbokitty.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/im-on-a-mission-and-i-have-a-vendetta/

I'm pretty sure our show was after Citizen's United.

"Just in case no one noticed, or for the few of you that did, I’m working the Bernie Sanders campaign. I network and it’s good. Our precinct caucus isn’t until February of 2016, however this is when it starts to get interesting."

"Back in 2008 at about this time, I canvassed, phone-banked, registered voters and organized events for Obama. I was driving my car, parking, getting out and knocking on a door, handing the resident literature or door hanging. Talking to people and telling them all the reasons they ought to vote for Obama."

"Then I attended my precinct caucus and became an Obama Delegate. I’m not going to bore you with the remedial parts of this event in my life, especially when there are much better things to talk about.
For instance, when the Chair of the Central Committee lied to me about showing up for the County Caucus. He said I didn’t have to go because I’d already pledged my support for Obama. Did I mention he was a Hillary supporter? No? Oh, well he was, so was the rest of the Executive Board."

"He was surprised, to say the least when he saw me at the County Caucus. Caught in a lie, dead to rights. It’s also very interesting to note, the Executive Board is in charge of the County Caucus. They tried to have the Obama supporters removed. So, just in case you were wondering, in the state of Nevada, once you are a pledged Delegate, no one can have you removed, unless you threaten or commit bodily harm to yourself or others."

"We were miscounted 6 times, against our favor, of course. In the end with one supporter from each candidate, we finally got an honest count. All of the Obama Delegates, were reminded to bring our Delegate slips with us. There’s a piece of paper you sign when you’re a Delegate, so if you’re a Delegate, don’t lose that piece of paper. The reason I say this is because the chair also tried to say our Delegates weren’t valid because he couldn’t read the slips. Water or coffee had spilled on them and I guess he was hoping we’d forget our slips. We didn’t, not one of us."

"We had dinner at the hotel and started driving back. There were two lanes on the way South from Tonopah, we all waved at each other on the way back home."

"Remember I said it gets interesting, it does. I found out that some of our friends had a flat tire and the chair and his two E- Board buddies, pulled over long enough to yell out the window at them, they were “N”- lovers."

"Needless to say, we got our own OFA office and stayed as far away from the Dem office as humanly possible. They weren’t going to help.Which brings me to the more interesting parts of this cycle. For a moment, I was the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, Event Chair. Now I’m not. My husband was the Democratic Central Committee Chair, now he’s not. He resigned, therefore I also have resigned, never to return to the Central Committee offices again. Even though we already did all the “heavy lifting.”

"The First Vice – Chair decided to make up his own Agenda for the next meeting, without consulting anyone, and add to the Agenda, a recall vote for the Chair. Did I mention he’s a Hillary supporter? He is."

"Just when I thought we were going to get a little more Progressive and have some music and dancing at the Jefferson – Jackson dinner."

"Now I have a vendetta. In 2008 I was on a mission, now I’m on a mission and I have a vendetta. This time both my husband and I are going to caucus, all the way to the state level, for Bernie Sanders."

"Last time I was alone and called a ‘point of order’ over the Consent Agenda. There was a vote in the Agenda and that’s not allowed. This time when I call a ‘point of order’, I’ll have back up."

https://turbokitty.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/im-on-a-mission-and-i-have-a-vendetta/

I find this very interesting. Part of me thought of not writing this piece as I have a history with her. Not negative in my mind. And the point of me looking at her post isn't personal. But she is one Bernie maniac who admits that she's fueled with hatred against Hillary. 

In reading this I wonder what the correct reaction on the part of the reader is supposed to be. If you're a Sanders' supporter then this is one more anecdote to what a terrible person Hillary Clinton is. 

But if you're a Hillary supporter like me is TK's personal anecdote supposed to hit you like Saul on the way to Damascus?

https://www.biblegateway.com/p assage/?search=Acts+9

Even assuming everything she relates to is true then this is kind of a glimpse into the kind of chicanery with a long history in US electoral history. There was a time in the Old Jim Crow South when they would simply throw out one of every five Republican ballots.

The point is that there is a long history of electoral chicanery but TK is acting like that only Hillary has anything to do with this. At least Hillary has a plan to do something about voter id laws. 

Is TK's point that this is something unique to Hillary Clinton? And if she's so bad why did President Obama make her his Secretary of State? Does TK and her husband somehow have insight into her that the President lacks?

But I don't think she's a minority of Bernie fans. What motivates them is hatred for Hillary.



No comments:

Post a Comment