Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Hillary to Trump: US is not a Real Estate Deal

In Kentucky, Hillary has attacked Trump in exactly the right way-as all talk and no action. She also rightly points out that the US government is not a real estate deal where you just manipulate the bankruptcy rules and walk away from your obligations.

"Hillary Clinton may have been in Kentucky to campaign ahead of the Democratic primary against Bernie Sanders, but her comments Monday indicated she is focused on presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump."

"During an event in Bowling Green, Clinton addressed the way she has spoken about policies and the multi-point plans she has proposed on various issues in comparison to her likely general-election opponent."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-mocks-trump-223221#ixzz48qQ4h1Sj

She's right not to talk about Bernie who's done. Indeed, even in California he hasn't put out as many ads as expected-as he's running into a cash problem. The fund raising was down $20 million last month and I'm guessing will be down considerably this month again.

After all, throughout much of April Bernie was running under the illusion that he was going to turn things around with wins in NY and Pennsylvania.

Now that none of this happened, all realistic hope has been dashed.

 Hillary hits a sweet spot with Trump here:

“Now some people might say, oh you know, all anybody wants to hear is just ‘I’m gonna do it, but I’m not tellin’ you what I’m gonna do,’” Clinton said, referring to Trump. “See, I don’t believe that. Maybe in the preliminaries in the Republican primary that’s all they wanted to hear, but Americans take their vote for president seriously. And they’re going to be looking at their TV screen and saying, ‘He still doesn’t have anything to tell us? Wait a minute.’”

"Clinton then referred to her record on job creation, remarking, “I think my husband did a heck of a job back in the ’90s.”

"Minutes later, Clinton discussed Trump’s tax proposals, which she said would increase national debt, raise interest rates and suppress economic growth."

“He’s gone so far as to say he wants to renegotiate the federal debt of the United States of America,” she said, to boos in the audience. “You know, this is not a real-estate deal. The full faith and credit of the United States of America is one of our most valuable assets as a nation.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-mocks-trump-223221#ixzz48qR2Fbyy
Exactly. Trump's entire candidacy is based on the faulty premises that:

1. He is a great businessman.

2. Being a great businessman makes you are a great President.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-case-for-trump-fox-will-most.html

Trump's belief that it would be in the national interest to declare bankruptcy just goes to show you the wide gulf between being a businessman and being a President.

In other news: David Cameron sounds like a Tory for Hillary:

"During an interview with media ally Piers Morgan on ITV's "Good Morning Britain" aired Monday, Trump responded to comments from Prime Minister David Cameron, who called his proposal to temporarily ban all Muslims from the United States "divisive, stupid and wrong."

"Well, number one, I’m not stupid, OK? I can tell you that right now," Trump said. "Just the opposite. Number two, in terms of divisive, I don’t think I’m a divisive person. I’m a unifier, unlike our president now, I’m a unifier."

"Morgan broached the possibility of Trump and Cameron both leading their respective countries."

“Looks like we’re not going to have a very good relationship. Who knows?" Trump said, before quickly adding, "I hope to have a good relationship with him. But it sounds like he’s not willing to address the problem either.”

"As for the recent comments by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who said he hoped Trump loses the general election, Trump appeared personally offended."

“All right. When he won, I wished him well. Now, I don’t care about him," he said. "I mean, it doesn’t make any difference to me about him. Let’s see how does. I mean, let’s see if he’s a good mayor.”

"Morgan then asked if Khan had offended him with his remarks. Trump responded with another threat."

“Yeah, I am. Because he doesn’t know me, never met me, doesn’t know what I’m all about. I think they’re very rude statements and frankly, tell him I will remember those statements," he said. "Very nasty statements.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-david-cameron-223204#ixzz48qSOGl7Y

Good job Mr. Trump. Your expanding the map for us with our allies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment