Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Thank God for Twitter

A word to my Last Men and Overmen readers: today is my Birthday. If you want to give me a present just by something from Amazon off of a link on my blog. It doesn't matter which link!

As I reflect though-I'm '45 years young' and it feels a lot like being '44 years old'-I can't help but realize how much I owe to Twitter.

1. It's where most of my blog traffic comes from. If not for Twitter I wouldn't have that many readers, I do have some from other blogs-I believe I met Tom Brown at Scott Sumner's Money Illusion-but most of my readers are from Twitter.

And let's face it, other blog owners aren't thrilled when you drop the link for your blog in the comments section for their blogs.

2. If it weren't for Twitter, I'd feel so isolated. I'd have no idea how many fellow, loyal Hilary Clinton lovers there are out there.

https://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-forgotten-hillary-clinton-supporters.html

I love President Obama and voted for him twice. But I have to say in meeting all these Hillary supporters the last eight months, I can see that I am an organic Hillary supporter first and foremost. I feel a particular commonality with them. I was for her in 2008-though I was never PUMA.

When Obama won the primary it did not take me long to switch over as I could see he was a good guy.

I found a guy on Twitter called vikingsrule who says this:

"Voted- Clinton, Gore, Bush, McCain, Obama- always go with experience."

https://twitter.com/derek_maclean

There is some logic in that actually. You know how I feel about George W. Bush, but he was a better POTUS in his second term. The irony is that while we here so much about the need for someone new, Presidents in their second term are usually better.

Lets hope there are a decent amount of vikingsrules out there.

With all the bedwetting over a few polls showing Trump leading or at least closing in, Mark Murray offers this corrective:

Just a reminder: Obama was leading McCain by just 3pts in April 2008 NBC/WSJ -- during ongoing Dem race."

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/734746309811396609

Also Hillary did better than Obama vs. McCain in many polls in May 2008. As usual, panic is not the answer, it's the problem.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike!! ... I'll see if there's anything on Amazon I might feel like buying. I saw my 1st Hillary bumper sticker yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Hillary bumper sticker on my car. It's really my buddy Kev's car, but he drives me everywhere.

    I also wrote yesterday about my new shirt: America is already great.

    Now that we're coming to the general, no more wearing Trump's stuff.

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2016/05/america-is-already-great-and-shaun-king.html

    ReplyDelete