Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Trouble at Fox News: Another Reason to Love the Trump Campaign

     His candidacy is said to be causing headaches among the big shots at Fox News.

     http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/07/26/cnns-reliable-sources-trump-could-be-causing-a/204600

     His ability to polarize the GOP party establishment is just limitless whatever his intent-does that really matter at this point?

     http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/donald-trump-on-scott-walker-wisconsins.html

    Meanwhile, David Brock at Media Matters continues to ask some great questions whether of what happened to the NY Times credibility as a source for journalism

    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/07/24/david-brock-calls-on-new-york-times-to-commissi/204586

    or why it's necessary for NBC to bring back Pat Buchanan yet again?

   "NBC's Meet the Press this weekend will host Pat Buchanan, a homophobic and racist commentator. MSNBC parted ways with Buchanan in 2012 following blowback over his book Suicide of a Superpower, which claimed to document how diversity and immigration are ruining the country."

   "The Sunday show states on its website that it will interview Buchanan about "the return of populism" on the presidential campaign trail. Buchanan's brand of "populism" has long included bigotry against minorities, immigrants, and LGBT people during his career as a political candidate and commentator."

   "Buchanan has repeatedly defended Adolf Hitler and once labeled him "an individual of great courage." He claimed "in a way, both sides were right" during the Civil War. He declined to disavow the idea that minorities have inferior genes. He defended a school's ban on interracial dating. He opined that "this has been a country built, basically, by white folks" and falsely claimed only "white males" died at Gettysburg and Normandy. He once claimed "conservatives are the niggers of the Nixon administration" and urged President Nixon not to visit Martin Luther King Jr.'s widow because King was "one of the most divisive men in contemporary history."

   "On immigrants, Buchanan claimed America is "committing suicide" while "Asian, African, and Latin American children come to inherit the estate." He complained that immigration will turn the U.S. into "a polyglot boarding house for the world, a tangle of squabbling minorities." He objected to states like California having a majority Hispanic population. He said of Mexican immigrants: "They are militant, and they have no interest, many of them, in becoming American."

   "Buchanan repeatedly appeared on a white nationalist radio program. He wrote the foreword to a book compiling the works of a white supremacist. He relied on the work of white supremacists for research in his own work. He praised David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, as having a "portfolio of winning issues."

    "Buchanan said "homosexual sex is unnatural and immoral" and "that kind of conduct should be discouraged in a good society." He's written of same-sex relationships: "In a healthy society, it will be contained, segregated, controlled, and stigmatized, carrying both a legal and social sanction." He once wrote of AIDS: "The poor homosexuals -- they have declared war upon nature, and now nature is extracting an awful retribution."

   http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/07/25/why-is-nbc-bringing-anti-gay-xenophobe-pat-buch/204592

   Hmmm. Sounds like a Donald Trump man. Maybe the Donald should bring him on as his campaign manager. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mike, does this bit of science news hint at a possible explanation for the popularity of Trump amongst the Republican base? One wonders if it's not just Louisiana, and exactly how long this has been going on undetected.

    Also, do you have post on your choice of your blog's new name? I don't get it. Are "OverMen" anglicized Übermensch?

    Mike, how did you get all your old blog posts transferred over to the new blog? Was it a pain or did it go smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if Lousiana is making Trump popular thank you LA! I'll take anything that makes Trump popular. I would love for him to win the nomination. I don't see that happening-the GOP establishment and the donor class surely would conspire in the same kind of Shock and Awe they used against McCain in 2000.

    Still, Trump really has the sensibility of the base and he has that third party threat.

    I don't see him winning but failing that-my premise is the longer Trump goes on the better-as the worse it is for the Republican party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your many replies Mike... and the new post!

      Delete
    2. Well you asked some important questions that I had a lot to say about. I still do but this is enough for now I guess. LOL

      Delete
  3. You ask a good question about the transition to the new name. The answer to the question remains open-as we're still in transition.

    I was able to keep everything because this is still the exact same blog but was a new name. What I did was change my name.

    However, my worry was how all my readers would find me here. At least regular readers like you and Nanute and my Twitter friends know I'm here. I haven't from Greg but surely he's found me.

    Blogger gives you no clue as to how to transition. Initially people who looked up Diary of a Republican Hater were served with a 'This page does not exist' message' which for me was a nightmare.

    How will they find me? Finally in looking at a few discussions among some tech geeks I figured out that I had to reopen the old blog and write just one post that tells everyone 'Hey, I'm not allowed to hate Republicans anymore but I'm at this link now.'

    So anyone who wants to can find me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still, right now while I still get a lot of readers when I publish a new post, sometimes during the down hours, my visits are way down what they used to be.

    So not everyone has caught up yet by a long shot. A lot of people have to change their twitter notifications, etc.

    The history of the name change is here.

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/with-regret-diary-of-republican-hater.html

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/turns-out-only-gopers-are-allowed-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now regarding the meaning of the title you ask the right question-and you're on the right track. I was rather coy in announcing the name-I only really give any hints as to what it means in this post about A-Rod:\

    " In any case this is pure speculation. A-Rod is no doubt the most tested man outside of prison so if he is taking something the MLB tests are worthless.

    And to me, if there is some wonder drug that allows him to perform at this level why would you begrudge this? What a boon to humanity if it enables us to at least put a dent in the Spirit of Gravity of age?"

    It's still amazing to me that time when in 2006 in Houston Clemens actually pitched to his son in batting practice. To me that's just a tremendous moment in human history.

    "Zarathustra said that Man is something that must be overcome."

    "I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him?

    http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/philosophy/nietzsche_philosophy.html

    "But the boobears don't think that old age should be overcome. No they like old age as it's part of the 'natural order of things.'

    "Yes, for those of you who are really on the ball-I'd like to think that's a few of you at least-the overman might just have some relation to the 'overman' I speak of in my new, no Republican Hating title."

    " P.S.S. To me A-Rod and Clemens have done a lot to overcome man whereas their critics do the opposite."

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-rod-shows-life-begins-at-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you are a bright student-yes, it is Ubermensch. I mean to me if we are not allowed to use the word hate in public then clearly this already is the Age of the Last Men.

    I would have kept the Republican hating title but it was an advertiser issue-this platform that got me a lot of readers was giving me a hard time so I had to make the switch.

    In truth I don't mind the switch. I liked DOA but really that was the title I came up with on the spur of the moment back in 2011. I had forgot the title I'd intended to use-'Abortion on Demand.'

    I thought of using that this time but I want no more trouble with advertisers so I figured I'd go with a much more esoteric title this time. Only people who knew something about the history of philosophy would even have a clue what it means.

    I'm glad to see you're one of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm happy with the new name but not happy that down time visits are down. At least everyone can find me now if they go to the old link. Hopefully in the near future the transition will progress a lot more.

    What sucks is that my Alexa rating-which under DOA had gotten pretty good-I was down to just number 1.3 million ranking in US websites-which is pretty good when you think of how many websites there are out there-it seemed only a matter of time until it got beneath the magic 1 million mark-is now 'unknown' as Alexa doens't get that this is still the exact same website.

    ReplyDelete