Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Tom Brown and What's in a Blog Title?

     I have to give Tom credit-he asked the right questions so he got some answers. That's the key to knowledge-the right questions.

   "Also, do you have post on your choice of your blog's new name? I don't get it. Are "OverMen" anglicized Übermensch?"

   "Mike, how did you get all your old blog posts transferred over to the new blog? Was it a pain or did it go smoothly?"

   http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/trouble-at-fox-news-another-reason-to.html

  This led me to a whole host of answers-so as together it basically was a blog post, I will copy me comments here:

  "You ask a good question about the transition to the new name. The answer to the question remains open-as we're still in transition."

   "I was able to keep everything because this is still the exact same blog but was a new name. What I did was change my name.

"However, my worry was how all my readers would find me here. At least regular readers like you and Nanute and my Twitter friends know I'm here. I haven't from Greg but surely he's found me."

"Blogger gives you no clue as to how to transition. Initially people who looked up Diary of a Republican Hater were served with a 'This page does not exist' message' which for me was a nightmare. "

"How would they find me? Finally in looking at a few discussions among some tech geeks I figured out that I had to reopen the old blog and write just one post that tells everyone 'Hey, I'm not allowed to hate Republicans anymore but I'm at this link now.'

"So anyone who wants to can find me."

 "Still, right now while I still get a lot of readers when I publish a new post, sometimes during the down hours, my visits are way down what they used to be."
  "So not everyone has caught up yet by a long shot. A lot of people have to change their twitter notifications, etc."

"The history of the name change is here."

  http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/with-regret-diary-of-republican-hater.html

  http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/turns-out-only-gopers-are-allowed-to.html

  You can maybe compare the transition to saying increasing or decreasing the inflation rate. In theory it shouldn't be a big deal as it's a 'merely nominal change.' I mean this is still the same blog but with a new title. Luckily I figured out out to leave a link for everyone who goes to the old Diary of a Republican Hater title.

  Even so the transition has not been without pain. As for Superneutrality of Money for once I'd like to believe in this-I'm hoping in the near future I'll at least 'return to trend.'

  Now the question of the meaning of the name.

  "Now regarding the meaning of the title you ask the right question-and you're on the right track. I was rather coy in announcing the name-I only really give any hints as to what it means in this post about A-Rod:

   "In any case this is pure speculation. A-Rod is no doubt the most tested man outside of prison so if he is taking something the MLB tests are worthless."

   "And to me, if there is some wonder drug that allows him to perform at this level why would you begrudge this? What a boon to humanity if it enables us to at least put a dent in the Spirit of Gravity of age?"

   "It's still amazing to me that time when in 2006 in Houston Clemens actually pitched to his son in batting practice. To me that's just a tremendous moment in human history."

   "Zarathustra said that Man is something that must be overcome."

   "I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him?

    http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/philosophy/nietzsche_philosophy.html

   "But the boobears don't think that old age should be overcome. No they like old age as it's part of the 'natural order of things.'

   "Yes, for those of you who are really on the ball-I'd like to think that's a few of you at least-the overman might just have some relation to the 'overman' I speak of in my new, no Republican Hating title."

   " P.S.S. To me A-Rod and Clemens have done a lot to overcome man whereas their critics do the opposite."

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-rod-shows-life-begins-at-40.html

   Of course, Tom nailed it-this is Ubermensch:

   "So you are a bright student-yes, it is Ubermensch. I mean to me if we are not allowed to use the word hate in public then clearly this already is the Age of the Last Men.
"I would have kept the Republican hating title but it was an advertiser issue-this platform that got me a lot of readers was giving me a hard time so I had to make the switch."

  "In truth I don't mind the switch. I liked DOA but really that was the title I came up with on the spur of the moment back in 2011. I had forgot the title I'd intended to use-'Abortion on Demand.'

 "I thought of using that this time but I want no more trouble with advertisers so I figured I'd go with a much more esoteric title this time. Only people who knew something about the history of philosophy would even have a clue what it means."

  "I'm glad to see you're one of them. LOL"

  "So I'm happy with the new name but not happy that down time visits are down. At least everyone can find me now if they go to the old link. Hopefully in the near future the transition will progress a lot more."
 
  "What sucks is that my Alexa rating-which under DOA had gotten pretty good-I was down to just number 1.3 million ranking in US websites-which is pretty good when you think of how many websites there are out there-it seemed only a matter of time until it got beneath the magic 1 million mark-is now 'unknown' as Alexa doesn't get that this is still the exact same website."

   I just figured that I should go more esoteric this time as censors are never subtle.

  I was wondering how many of my readers would know the allusion. So if you're interested this would be the place to start to follow what I'm thinking about here.

  http://www.amazon.com/Thus-spake-Zarathustra-book-none-ebook/dp/B011AW28PG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437998040&sr=1-1&keywords=thus+spoke+zarathustra

    

No comments:

Post a Comment