Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Donald Trump and His Lawyer Michael Cohen on Rape

     As we saw in the last post, while Trump calls Mexicans rapists, he himself may have once raped Ivana Trump.

    http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/07/shades-of-bill-cosby-could-trump-be.html

    And his lawyer and spokesman Cohen only muddies the water much more:

    “I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen told the website. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/28/donald-trump-lawyer-threatens-reporter

   What did Cohen mean-that he would rape the Daily Beat reporter?

  "The attorney then went on to issue direct threats regarding the resurfaced assertions:

  "You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape’, and I’m going to mess your life up … for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet.”

  “[Y]ou’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” Cohen told the Daily Beast.

  "But the lawyer’s most specious claim in the vociferous interview arrived in a false assertion about the law: “You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse,” he said.

  “It is true,” Cohen told the Daily Beast. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law."

  Bear in mind that he's allegedly a lawyer.

  It's tough to know what to say. Will this hurt Trump with the base? But then does the Republican party believe you can rape your wife? I say they don't and that they agree with Cohen. So I least think there's reasonable doubt that this is the smoking gun that sinks him.

  Maybe, I'm wrong but assuming the worst of the Republican party has never steered me wrong yet.

2 comments:

  1. "but assuming the worst of the Republican party has never steered me wrong yet."

    Sad but true these days (these days = since Gerald Ford? Calvin Coolidge?)... I'm not even sure I know what I mean by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln was a good Republican. Then there's Teddy Roosevelt.

    Eisenhower was pretty good. Seems to me once they adopted the Southern Strategy-and so abdicated their own positive history in the Civil War it's been all downhill since.

    ReplyDelete