Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day To Diary of a Republican Hater Readers!

     I'm not Irish, but this is the one day of the year I wish I was. This morning on the way home from my night shift job I was at the train station and saw a bunch of young girls wearing a sea of green. Lots of the shirts read Kiss Me I'm Irish and there were some other print on some of the shirts too though I didn't get close enough to read it.

    Point is though I love the festive nature of this holiday-Puerto Rico Pride day is good too. Last year I had planned to wear green this year however the job has a uniform so I wasn't able to do it.

    I love the pageantry of this kind of stuff. It's sort of like a high school football game or parades. While I'm a huge football fan, I also love the whole specter of people getting all dressed up and wearing team colors-really great too when they wear face paint too.

    What's interesting is that this pageantry element is in politics too, at rallies, indeed even-especially?-at protests.

    Anyway whether your Irish or not hope you had a good time with it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment