Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Romney Wins Michigan! Or Does He?

      I apologize I haven't been around much in the last few days, as I explained in my last post, I am currently without the service of my laptop. Today I'm hopefully at least going to find out if it can be salvaged or not.

     For the background please see here

    http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2012/02/lord-giveth-and-lord-taketh-away.html

    My friend who spilled the water that may have ended my laptop has been a good guy about it and will pay half of whatever charges I may yet incur-whether repair or purchasing a new computer. This should be a piece of cake when I make $270 a week after taxes.

    However, let us get to Mitt Romney, a guy who nobody can ever claim to have a money problem. True he did have someone low ball him that time he made only $370,000 on that gig of his he was talking about.

    Tuesday Mitt was vindicated as he beat out Rick Santorum in Michigan narrowly-he blew him out in Arizona but that was expected as it's Mormon country.

     Or was he vindicated? His narrow was again very small. And yesterday Santorum was actually declaring victory even though he lost. How can he do that? Simple-because  Romney's margin was so small they both actually received the same amount of delegates-15.

     I think  Santorum is exactly right. This is after all, Romney's "home state"-I give it the ironic scare quotes as while he was born there he spends no time there or in many other places he calls "home." Hearing him talk about the beauty of Michigan-"trees are all the same height", "I like cars" sure make it sounds like he's been there a lot!

    So  Romney barely won a state where he was born and his father was Governor. Indeed because Michigan doesn't do winner take all in awarding delegates but does it proportional, in reality it's a flat footed tie. Sounds like a win for Santorum.

    Good for him. I'm serious, look Santorum is a Right wing Bible thumping, woman hating, reactionary kook. But at least he's the real deal.  Romney is about as authentic as a three dollar bill, and a whole lot less interesting.

    While some liberals have tried to be pious in saying that Democrats shouldn't vote for Santorum in states that they can, I can't disagree more with such dogmatism. I'd vote for him in a New York minute if I were allowed to in my state of NY-I don't think we can here, though I'm not certain.

     Romney did not win Michigan nor did he deserve to. He doesn't deserve to win anything, he is less deserving by a mile even than the Bible thumper extraordinaire, Rich Santorum.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment