Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Fun Day With Long Island Bus and the MTA

     This morning I was coming home from my night job and was waiting for my transfer at the Hempstead Terminal here in Nassau, NY.

     I went to the machine to refill my MetroCard as I do every week. Some weird discrepancy happened where I paid with my ATM yet the credit didn't make it onto my card. So my mistake, I ask one of the security guards for help. I probably made the mistake as I myself am a security guard and thought these were trustworthy guys.

   This guy first of all starts wrapping my knuckles about how my card is too bent and old. I'm just like whatever. I mean I've been using it for about 3 months and no trouble before. But he's determined to blame it on the physical condition of the card. My concern is whether the money was taken out of my account as it clearly had not been credited to the card.

   He took the card to another machine as the one I was using was now not working at all. Within two seconds the machine eats the card. So he wants to blame it on the card. I'm a litte ticked. He's telling me they'll pay for my bus, but that doesn't help me much. That's one bus ride but what about the $20 lost on my ATM and the $6 that were still on the MTA card that he just fed to the machine never to return?

  So I'm complaining to the other guards, just whoever's there. And they of course are all just like it's my problem for using an older card. I'm like that gives them no business taking my money, the MTA doesn't get free money because someone uses an older card. So the guy that lost my card is taking this attitude that it's my problem, not his fault mine because of the card's condition.

   They keep trying to tell me they'll pay for my bus-I've already missed one during all this. So I'm out $26, I've missed my bus, these people are trying to turn it around on me like I'm doing something wrong, I should just grin and bear it. Great service yet again. I finally got the paper work to send to the MTA, the machine numbers the problem happened and the receipts.

   But what these guys don't get is that, sure maybe in weeks I might get my money back. But there's time sensitivity. What if that's my last $20-which it almost is. Finally, I'm must like screw it. I buy a new MetroCard-so I've spent $40 on it now and don't even bother to take them up on their free ride. Just not worth even bothering with them.

  Thanks a lot MTA! Another satisfied customer at Long Island Bus. The lesson is that next time I have an issue, I won't even bother to talk to these jokers. Not worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment