Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Juan Williams: Ann Romney is a Corporate Wife

     Wow. I didn't see that coming. Williams simply nails it about Ann Romney's speech last night. I already told you I wasn't so impressed.

      http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2012/08/first-thoughts-on-ann-romney-and-chris.html

     However, I must say that Williams put it best on Fox News last night:

     "Fox News contributor Juan Williams took some ribbing from his colleagues Tuesday night after saying Ann Romney looked “like a corporate wife” who hasn’t struggled in her life.

    “Mitt Romney’s wife, Ann Romney, on the other hand looked to me like a corporate wife,” Williams said, speaking on a panel after the Republican National Convention’s speeches wrapped for the night. “And you know the stories she told about struggle, eh, it’s hard for me to believe. She’s a very rich woman and I know that and America knows that.”

     "Fox News hosts Bret Baier replied, “Wow, OK,” and Megyn Kelly asked Williams, “What does that mean, corporate wife?”

    “What does it mean?” Williams replied. “It looks like a woman whose husband takes care of her and she’s been very lucky and blessed in this life. She’s not speaking, I think, for the tremendous number of single women in this country, or married women or separated — actually she did not convince me that you know what, ‘I understand the struggles of American women in general.’”


     Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80330.html#ixzz24vcWs1qU

     That was exactly my thought: she is not speaking for your quinessential American woman by any means.

      Of course, what's notable is that this was said on Fox News-it could not have been said better. That's why I didn't see it coming. Turns out when you tell the truth on Fox you don't stay on the air very long. Brit Hume demonstrates the right answer when you're on Fox News:

       “Is that the same speech you heard Brit?” Baier asked Fox News commentator Brit Hume.
“Uh no. I think that was the single most effective political speech I’ve ever heard given by a political wife,” Hume said.

       "Later, the panel reconvened — but without Williams. Wall Street Journal columnist and former presidential speechwriter Peggy Noonan joined to offer commentary in Williams’s place."

       “I want to point out that we did not kick Juan off the panel because of the corporate wife comment, we wanted to get a speechwriter’s perspective,” Baier said, to laughter.

       “Although we considered it,” Kelly said.

        "And as Baier and Kelly wrapped the show, Kelly offered a last take on Williams’s remark.
“My final thought is, [Ann Romney] may have improved Mitt Romney’s standing with women,” Kelly said. “You know whose standing did not improve with women tonight?”

       “Whose?” Baier asked.

       “Juan Williams,” Kelly replied, as the duo laughed.

        “He’ll be back tomorrow,” Baier said.

        “We love Juan,” Kelly added.

        Not if he tells the truth again, he won't.


Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80330.html#ixzz24vcQTyJx

No comments:

Post a Comment