Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hillary Clinton Now at Her Most Popular Ever

     So shows a recent poll where 60% now like her as opposed to 27% who don/t In a way you got to think that it's true what they say-they never appreciate you till you're gone. I mean they love her now. Evidently the Democrats now say she's their favorite for 2016.

     For me, who was always a Hillary man, it's all a little late for this. I'm glad she finally has the love she deserves.

     Mind you I don't know about 2016. Really I just want to win 2012. Back in the long primary season for 2008 I was for Hillary. However then the feeling was that most of the young Democrats felt that it was time for a change-that Hillary somehow represented the previous generation-the 90s.

       I didn't get this attitude-weren't the 90s some darn good times? But the feeling was that it was time to move on to the new generation. Rightly or wrongly Hillary was represented as being part of an older generation that the youth wanted to move beyond.

     So that makes it seem hard for me to imagine here winning in 2016. I would be very happy to vote for her, don't get me wrong. But it's hard for a primary loser to come back. And if she represented the last generation in 2008 what will she represent in 2016?

     My best guess is that the likely Democratic candidate in 2016 will be someone we haven't thought of yet-less likely I think to be Biden as well.

     But mostly let's just win 2012. I'm not even thinking about 2016. We have so much riding in this election let's just win that and discuss 2016 in about 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment