Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Hillary Clinton Speaks Out on Bullying

Her response to a 10 year old girl's question yesterday in NH was right on point:

"Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton simultaneously comforted a young girl concerned about bullying and subtly hit Donald Trump during a town hall in Keota, Iowa, Tuesday."

"At the end of the event, fifth-grader Hannah Tandy asked Clinton what she would do about bullying."

"I have asthma, and occasionally I've heard people talking behind my back about not wanting to be near me because I have asthma," Tandy said. "I mean, people, it's not contagious."

"Clinton told Tandy she was "very brave" for asking her question, then appeared to reference her own challenges with Republican adversaries like Donald Trump, who the night before had referred to Clinton's loss to President Barack Obama in 2008 using an especially crude Yiddish slang term. Trump also said the bathroom break that briefly delayed Clinton's return to the stage during Saturday's Democratic primary debate was "disgusting."

"I really do think we need more love and kindness in our country," Clinton told Tandy. "That's why it's important to stand up to bullies wherever we are, and why we shouldn't let anybody bully his way into the presidency, because that is not who we are as Americans."

Clinton added that she's "somebody who's had a lot of terrible things said about me" but that she was "old enough that it doesn't particularly bother" her. She said social media allows people to more easily make nasty comments.

“I think we all need to be aware of the pain and real anguish bullying can cause,” Clinton said. "I don’t think a lot of people who do it really understand how it makes other people feel.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-donald-trump_5679b055e4b06fa6887f0920

Donald, you are old enough to know now-a big boy of 69. Ladies use the bathroom too-I don't know what Melania tells you she's doing when she goes; you really think she's powdering her nose in there?-but the secret is out.

Bernie Sanders:

"Bernie Sanders took time out of his stump speech this week to humiliate Trump over the matter. “I don’t know what his relationship with women has been like,” Sanders quipped, “but he has discovered that women go to the bathroom, and it’s very upsetting for him.” Sanders went on to acknowledge that he also used the restroom during the break, suggesting that Trump’s relationship with women must be “very unusual” if he couldn’t grasp why Clinton took longer than Sanders did."

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/bernie-sanders-destroys-donald-trump-over-hillary-clinton-bathroom-remarks/23347/

That was a great moment for Bernie. I haven't seen him so extemporaneous on the campaign trail before. Ironically-in form, he was a little more Trumpian himself. It does work. Sometimes you have to be a little lighter and less serious-even if there the fact of wage stagnation that is serious and must be beaten back.

P.S. After reading this article that claimed that Bernie may have raised more money than Hillary this month I contributed $50 to her campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/bernie-sanders-fundraising-hillary-clinton-217063
Who knows whether or not the Clinton team just wanted to light a fire under out butts or trying to manage expectations. But it worked on me. 
If you afford to, I'd urge you to consider doing so as well.

P.S.S. I do appreciate Bernie coming to Hilary's defense again. Chivalry is not dead and it's appreciated. I may be a Hillary man but even I felt more positive to Bernie after watching that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment