Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Your Constitutional Right to Uniformed Snark

    I probably shouldn't spend too much time on this but I can't resist "going there" in this case as this a pet peeve of mine, In answer to a recent post I wrote about Occupy Wall St. "Barbra" -evidently she is a fan of Barbra Streisand and so has copied the spelling...-takes the time to leave me this comment:

    "Your post here starts as bullshit, since the link you supply to OWS clearly says that it is not an official list of demands, that it was written by a single user, and that it is not condoned. After starting with a faulty premise you rattle on for paragraph after paragraph tearing apart something that isn't real? Good job"

    For the original piece please click here http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-does-ows-want-part-2.html?showComment=1318383800344#c8619713654439875282

    Now, for the record, I don't find her comments "offensive" exactly, in the big scheme of things they are nothing to what some have said and done. I mean you had tea partiers cheering the death of someone to win a point against Obama's health care plan.

     What strikes me though is the generally gratuitous, adversarial, snotty tone. I mean I don't exactly what has put a bug up her butt but something has. But she leaves no real clue as to what it is about my post that offends her.

     Unfortunately for Ms. Streisand her attempt at sarcasm-"good job"-kind of falls flat. For one thing if she had read my post properly she would have read the part where I said this:

     "So having these clear demands are a relief. Here we go. First of all they start the list by a disclaimer. Let me not be remiss in recording it".

    "Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."

     So I guess she didn't do such a good job at general reading comprehension. Beyond that, her missive, "you rattle on for paragraph after paragraph tearing apart something that isn't real? Good job" again suggests she didn't read this properly. I don't see how anyone who read the whole piece would come away with the idea that I "tore apart" the demands. That wasn't my intention and I don't think I did.

     I finish my piece with, " Overall though the demands are pointing in the right direction and if they do succeed in making just a few of these demands a reality it will be a great movement."

     That's "tearing it apart?"

     Again, I just wonder what makes people like Barbra tick. Is it just a general desire to show off her snarkiness at the slightest excuse? Well Barbra let me tell you. While you are welcome to read here at Diary of a Republican Hater and comment whenever you want, I wonder if you wouldn't be happier at Firedoglake or Daily KOS or maybe Democratic Underground where you can find maximum lefty attitude no matter how short on facts and analysis. 

     If my piece was too long for you though it was unfortunate that you commented without reading it as you only have made yourself look silly.

    





   

No comments:

Post a Comment