Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Question For American Youth With Big Debate Tonight

     What do I want to ask them? It's not what you think. Here's what drives me crazy. I just saw that kids through shoes on a telephone wire again. How do they do that? It seems like it takes a lot of throwing ability to achieve. I guess it's about tying a real good knot and then flinging them just perfectly so they catch on the wire.

      I know it's a digression. But it always has driven me crazy-what's the story behind it? I asked Nanute about it earlier, but here at Diary of a Republican Hater may be the place to ask it-according to Google Analytics, the 18-24 age group is actually my best age group.

      Interestingly my numbers among those with just "some college" are much stronger than with those who have graduated college. As for graduate students I'm upside down among them. This may simply the title-perhaps they stick up their noses at what they see as a hack, partisan blog.

      To this I argue guilty as charge at least on being partisan-though I'm no hack I think the record will show. There is a virtue to being a partisan. The undecideds who are paid so much homage are really low information voters. It's like Thaddeus Stevens said, "Principles indeed! Betray your principles and stand by your party!"

      Here at Diary I also have my very own gender gap. Most women surveyed like my blog, most mean don't. I do however notice that most of my best commentators are guys. For you ladies out there why not drop me a line sometime-I'm really gentle, I promise!

      So when you take these analytic numbers together-I do best with females with some college in the 18-24 range, what does this tell us? My audience is dominated by college girls who perhaps read me in their dorm rooms or in their study rooms at the college library.

       I got to say I like the sound of this. If this is the median Diary of a Republican reader it's quite gratifying. Other people can get the old guys with their Phds, I'll take the college girls any day of the week. If only they had been such a fan of mine back when I was in teh 18-24 age group myself! Better late than never ladies! LOL.

     In any case, for all you young readers out there, perhaps you can help me on this shoes on the telephone wire issue? If you read me regularly and don't comment, maybe this could be the question that you dip a toe in the water?

      If every one of these young college girls could just say hey, drop me a line, not necessarily about the shoes even, could be about anything they might want-that would make my day
      
      Speaking of college girls, the President is going to be right here in Hempstead-I pass through there every day on the way and back to and from my evening job at Slomin's-at a place with a lot of very smart, accomplished college girls, namely at Hofstra University.

      The girls have clearly taken over Hofstra-last year there was a referendum on whether to keep the college football team or  start a new medical school-the medical school won hands down! That tells you that the school's female students and their mothers were all over this one. This would never have happened in Texas.

      If you are one of those lucky enough to actually attend the debate tonight then you simply must give me a shoutout, not to would be quite incorrect-LOL.

     I myself, although the President's biggest supporter, won't be able to make it-who can get included in an event like this? Most of the students won't get to be there. Worse, my job will mean that I miss watching the debate at home-just as it did the first debate and VP debate. As the bus I take-the N70-passes Hofstra everyday, it means the bus will actually take a detour-let's hope it won't make the trip take too much longer. I could end up being delayed by this debate I'm not getting to see that I care about more than anyone.

     Who said life is unfair! LOL.

     As to the debate, I think the President gets it, really. I think he'll get it done. My only worry is Libya-do they have a good answer other than Hillary Clinton getting blamed for it? Why not point out that Ambassador Christopher Stevens himself has asked Romney to stop politicizing his son's death. Really importantly he as pointed out that the Obama Administration has handled this they way you want them to-above board, a full investigation, totally transparent.

     I hope the President mentions Steven's father tonight.

     P.S. And I really hope that if you are one of my many loyal readers who read me everyday but never comment you consider doing it today-again, I'm a teddy bear, believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment