Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Whatever Chip Kelly Didn't Like About DeSean McCoy it Wasn't His Age

     No 'ageist' he:

     "But the Eagles don't have to worry about who their new running back will be. It will be Gore, who will turn 32 in May."

      "Gore is the type of locker room leader that Eagles coach Chip Kelly covets. Gore is coming off four straight 1,000-yard rushing seasons and has rushed for over 1,000 yards in eight of the past nine seasons. The only season over the past nine in which he failed to reach that threshold was 2010, when he missed five games with a broken hip. Gore is considered an excellent pass protector as well."

     "A five-time Pro Bowler, Gore was a big proponent of Jim Harbaugh returning to the Niners, who instead "mutually" parted ways with the coach and promoted defensive line coach Jim Tomsula to the head-coach position. Gore said he wanted to see what the 49ers did with the job before deciding his own future."

     http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12445109/frank-gore-plans-sign-philadelphia-eagles

     It is kind of ironic that some pundits were saying that Kelly made a good deal getting rid of McCoy who is getting to be over the hill they suggested-he's 26 years old and RBs peak early! 

     Meanwhile, Kiko Alonso is 25-so that's a big improvement age wise-compared with McCoy being 26. Now Steve A. Smith suggested racism could explain Kelly's behaviour. 

     "Chip Kelly makes decisions over the last couple of years that, dare I say, leave a few brothers feeling uncomfortable,” Smith said. “I think that’s fair to say. I mean, we’re sitting here looking at some of the decisions that Chip Kelly makes and I’m like what is up? What’s up with that? I mean, it’s like you’ve got to be his kind of guy, you know? And I’m like, well, Riley Cooper’s your kind of guy?”

     "By mentioning Cooper, Smith was implying that Kelly is OK with the fact that Cooper used the N-word in a much-publicized video in 2013. The truth is Kelly was not OK with that; the Eagles fined Cooper and sent him home from training camp. But Cooper’s continued presence on the team — combined with the release of a few high-profile black players — makes Smith question Kelly’s motives. According to Smith, Kelly isn’t only looking for players who fit into his system on the field. Kelly is also looking for players who fit into the culture that Kelly wants in his locker room, and Smith questions what kind of culture that is."
    “Let’s get beyond the system, the operative word is ‘culture,'” Smith said. “The culture is what resonates with me more profoundly because I’m looking at a Chip Kelly and I’m like, really? Now, you’ve got to remember, where did I work for 16 years? I mean, this is Philadelphia. You understand what I’m saying? I’m always in Philly, and I’m telling you right now you’ve got people walking the streets and, hell with it, you’ve got brothers walking the streets going like ‘What’s up with Chip? I don’t understand this. I really don’t understand what you’re doing.’ Now I’m not saying I know, I’m just saying that it does strike me as a tad bit odd. I’m going to repeat this. Gone: LeSean McCoyJeremy Maclin, you know, DeSean Jackson. Staying: Riley Cooper. Really? Really? OK.”
     http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/espns-stephen-a-smith-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/
     I don't know that this is Kelly's motivating concern. After all, Gore is black too. The NFL-much less the NBA-is hardly where you want to go if you don''t like Black folks. Ok, so Riley Cooper tries to make it work and who can forget Donald Sterling. 
    Overall, though I think the trouble with Kelly is he may believe in his system just a little too much-we may not have proof that he's a racist, but we also don't have proof that his system works at the NFL level.. I mean even if it wasn't racial, one has to wonder about these names he's given up DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, and now Jeremy Maclin.  More than a racist, he's arrogant and wants to show that it's all about him. He doesn't seem to want his star players to get any credit for team success. 
    All I can say for Kelly is he better be right about all these moves because if the Eagles miss the playoffs again not many are going to be defending him. 
    http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2015/03/is-chip-kelly-nfls-phil-jackson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DiaryOfARepublicanHater+%28Diary+of+a+Republican+Hater%29

No comments:

Post a Comment