Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Morgan Warstler Proves Scott Sumner is a Paul Ryan Republican

      Just to spike the ball on my point about Sumner advocating monetary stimulus as a way of ensuring fiscal austerity-that's his game plan-here is his alter ego, Morgan Warstler speaking out again.

      "Scott’s job is to make nice with Lucas."

       "All lefties hanging here, imagine how Scott and Lucas reach accord… that’s what Scott is really doing. There is no room for big government or its fanboys in NGDPLT. Scott doesn’t have the stomach for the conflict, I know you must be bested in the street. One way or the other DeKrugman is dead, don’t ask us to pretend to feel bad about it."

      http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=14117#comment-154561

       This is the point I have to make about Scott. I don't hate him personally in many ways I like him and I do enjoy reading his blog but remember-keep your friends close but your frenemies closer. I think Morgan is very plausible here-I always tell him what I like about him is that unlike most conservatives who pee on your leg and tell you it's raining, Morgan will admit it: "Yeah, I'm peeing down your leg."

     On the other hand on a tactical level I think that Sumner may well me much smarter than Warstler. A large part about what's so effective about Sumner is that he's able to engage many who don't find most Paul Ryan Republicans reasonable. Most liberals and Keynesians aren't going to hang out at Red State American all day but they do read Sumner. I say read him-I'm not about ordering anyone not to, I intend to continue to. But just be clear about who we're dealing with and know who your frenemies are. Listen to Warstler-he's a reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment