Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (The Famous Nanute)

     Hope you are well today, for me today's my birthday. To celebrate I'm actually getting to meet an actual Diary of a Republican Hater reader in the flesh-the famous Nanute. For those of you like me that spend lots of time trolling the econ websites you've likely bumped into him.

    I actually bumped in to him originally at Angry Bear and then one him as a convert here-of course he still reads Angry Bear-if you haven't give it a shot it's good.

   What I find funny is the way you can meet someone in the virtual world and then meet them in the real world. What's funny is that I mentioned our meeting today to a few people and a common reaction is surprise that I'm not nervous-what if Nanute's Norman Bate's long lost brother. LOL.

    And I'm like no-he's not a psychopath he's just Nanute. I feel like I know him as well as anyone else-and knowing him well I know he's not an axe murderer. I know many don't feel this way but I'm much less impressed about the difference between the virtual and the real world.

    In any case so many of today's "real world" relationships actually get started in the virtual world. Many marriages do and Internet dating is the most common thing around today.

   So who knows? I suspect this will be just the first meeting for Nanute and I. I wonder who my next reader to meet in the flesh?

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Yes I too think its cool to be able to put a face and real flesh to the internet voice. I've definitely seen Nanute around for a while. I must say I usually find my self.....................simpatico to where Nanute is coming from.

    My picture of Nanute is that he is a slight fellow, probably dark haired, between 30 and 40 (maybe late 20s) probably is not a loud talker (unlike me who needs no microphone usually). He wears glasses, is left handed and works in the IT field.

    Tell me how I do on my description

    Angry Bear was actually the very first internet site I hung out on. I liked it a lot. Still read many of their posts but I grew out of commenting there after I found the MMT blogs. A couple of the regular conservative commenters there were a little annoying. I really liked a commenter named "Coberly" there.

    Interestingly enough, one of my comments early on was raised to the level of a post there a few years back by one of the moderators. It was very weird to open the site one day and read a post that seemed very familiar.... soon realizing why it was familiar....... I'D WRITTEN IT!. This shows what a non techie I was, I didnt even "know" they could do that!!

    Be careful Mike! Make sure you are meeting Nanute in a very public place, so you have witnesses! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Greg it was good times. Your idea of how he's like is not unlike my impression of what he'd be like.

    How accurate is it? Nanute you care to take this one? Seriously I don't want to "reveal" anything I shouldn't-LOL!

    He is a nice guy and drives a nice SUV-hope that's not giving away too much.

    Ok Greg. The question is when you and I meet? Nanute was the first reader I met though I had talked to Wildthing on the phone-she's one of the members. Check the pictures she's there.

    Of course is we plan to meet in the flesh it would help if you live in New York...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things on the money, others a bit off. Age is way off the mark. Hair is graying and mostly non-existent. On the slender side, can be quiet, but I'm a New Yorker, and we're loud by nature. I'm left handed and do in fact year glasses.
    Big fan of Popeye's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Mike, Ill let you know next time Im in the Big Apple. I usually make it once every couple years.

    Cant believe I was that far off in age 'nute! You talk like a younger guy on the internet. Guess your just a young thinker, like most progressives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greg, I thought the same thing which is why I let Nanute himself tell you. I took him to be a young guy as well.

    Clearly your young at heart Nanute that's a good thing. We went to Popeye's but Nanute can tell you I was eating a lot but it sure wasn't spinach!

    Where do you live anyway, Greg, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Athens, Georgia. Right in the heart of Tea Bag country. Actually Athens is a pretty
    progressive town, college and all but I have to put up with a lot of serious Obama hating thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Athens, Georgia-LOL. I guess it should be progresive with a name like Athens! I've heard of London Texas as well.

    You have a GOP Governor and Congress? Maybe some time I could visit you down there-when I actually have money to do such a thing-LOL>

    ReplyDelete