Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

How Come Chitika Treats its Publishers Better Than Adsense?

      I've  broached the shoddy way that Google's Adsense treats its publishers before.

      http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2015/06/for-google-adsense-lawsuit-whos-time.html

      Like many publishers I ran afoul of Adsense a few years. They claimed in a vague form letter that I poise a potential threat to its publishers and closed my account. They held on to the $200 dollars they owed me. As it has emerged-see link above-this is not uncommon at all with Google who have been sued with an accusation that they systematically shutdown the accounts of many publishers sending them the very same vague form letter they sent me.

     The form letter 'reassures' you that you can appeal but of course this appeal is a merely ceremonial. You appeal and then they send back another form letter that rejects your appeal without any elaboration. They do say that they can't' explain because then cheaters would figure out how to beat their policing system for cheaters.

     All pretty convenient. They give you no idea how you broke your terms of service which they can't tell you because if they give up the secret sauce people will figure out how to engage in phony clicks. Then it turns out that they themselves have been systematically cheating.

     In general I don't like the way all these internet companies that are supposed to help publishers have no phone number and only take emails. That's a major cutback in customer service. With that you aren't able to get immediate help but instead can expect nothing more than the promise that they will get back to you within 24 hours!

    Anyway, I'm with Chitika. The jury on them is certainly not in yet but I have to say that I'm impressed with their much higher level of customer service. They recently had a technical glitch where the revenue wasn't shown like it usually if for the previous day. They leave a phone number and it turns out they answer emails promptly.

   The email correspondence I had was real-not just resending a form letter. So this impresses me and makes me wonder why Adsense can't do better.

   How come Chitika doesn't worry so much that customer service will help people cheat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment