Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Is Sanotrum Too Weird to be President?

     Yes. That's not even up to discussion. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Santorum fan, I want him to beat Romney. I still do. I know he's a weirdo, that's the whole point. That's why I want it to be him against Obama in November.

    I'd rather not belabor just how weird Satorum is right now. Leave that for the general election. But, wow he is not helping me, or himself.

    To be sure the latest was actually something he said in 2008 though he stands by it. He thinks that Satan is out to get American in the person of President Obama. That's what he said in 2008. He's not real good at walking back from such comments.

    I wish he knew how to be a little more hypocritical0-maybe he can study Romney. Yes he's a true believer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of true believers. There mostly a pain in the ass. They also hurt themselves. That's what Santorum is doing.

    I'd like to think that Santorum's weirdness will resonate enough with the Right wing voters that vote in these Republican voters. But today even Rush Limbaugh admitted while offering all the usual Limbaugh caveats that it was all just a media conspiracy, all just spin, that nevertheless, Santorum did say this stuff and needs to make some sense out of  it.

    Again, I'm not happy with this. Santorum did a real great job of countering the Romney attack machine with that ad that showed Romney as a psycho robo mudslinger who finally gets the mud in his own eyes. Romney's usual negative ads have not worked as well against Sanotrum and there is even some signs that many of the Romney donors are tapped out.

    However, Santorum can't seem to tamp down on his own weirdness just for a little while. On the other hand I like Sarah Palin's idea that it would be a fine thing to have a brokered convention. I hope Santorum hasn't hurt this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment