Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sorry I've Been Out a Few Days: Got a Job!

     Which is a good thing of course. Still for me this blog is very important and I've taken pride in the fact that Diary of a Republican Haters have something to chew on every day. This current stretch is the longest I've been without posting-since last Thursday.

      Once I'm don training for the job-security guard-I will get back into the routine where I usually try to write at least 3 posts a day.

      A lot has happened in my absence. One is that my Giants pulled off the ultimate upset in defeating the Packers last Sunday night, 37-20 at Lambeau field where the Pack was supposed to be unbeatable. With this win, who can they not beat?

     For this reason the oddsmakers have installed the 49ers as only two and a half point favorites even though it's in San Francisco and the Niners have a 13-3 regular season record while the Giants only had 9-7. As the home field advantage gives you three points this means that the Giants are considered favorites on a neutral field.

    Another thing that has happened is that Scott Sumner has been on a rampage about his strange understanding of what savings is and keeps trying this weak defenses of posts by Cochrane and Lucas meant to show that the fiscal multiplier is zero or something like that, a subject Sumner never lets go despite his failure to prove it.

    He thinks that by pointing out the accounting identity S=I this somehow vindicates Cochrane and Lucas or at least means that their argument is not absurd-a high bar to prove. He has allowed they made some mistakes but that their argument deserves more "respect" than Simon-Wren and Krugman have given it.

    Today he's at it again claiming that David Glasner's post has somehow vindicated him.

     http://uneasymoney.com/2012/01/16/i-figured-out-what-scott-sumner-is-talking-about/

      http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=12729&cpage=2#comment-127620

      Talk about trifling. He's been at it for a week now and still hasn't proven anything meaningful. I will certainly need to look at these obfuscations in more detail. Sumner is a classic three card Monte player. He tries to win by confusing the opposition.

      If no one understands him he accuses them of having a "Keynesian bias" even though even his fellow market monetarists like Glasner don't seem to get it. He also seems to think that making an argument much more complex than it needs to be increases its profundity and perhaps its accuracy.

     For now wish me luck my readers! I am back in the labor force, knock on wood. Good luck to all of you in the similar situation. If you are still out of work consider security-low barrier to entry and one of the few industries that have been hiring.

1 comment: