Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Word to the Readers!

     Well in just a week of regular posting we've gotten a lot of visitors to the site which is a good thing. Certainly appreciate those who have taken the time to do this.

    While I of course appreciate all visitors we have had some comments but clearly not nearly so much. This is to be expected many who visit a site and read a post don't actually post a comment.

     All I would like to express to you is that your comments are welcome and please don';t feel gun shy if you read a post and want to express yourself.

      In part I think due to the often acrimonious "pie-throwing contests" that we have seen on certain liberal blogs in recent years-Firedoglake and Daily Kos come immediately to mind.

      If you saw a couple of my earlier posts this week

http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/07/if-daily-kos-is-progressive-blog-where.html

http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/07/more-on-my-inauspicious-first-day-at.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DiaryOfARepublicanHater+%28Diary+of+a+Republican+Hater%29

     then you read about my ill-fated attempt to engage the DKOS community. Most of the 100 quick comments it engendered called me a troll. Enough cited me for being a troll that the moderator-no questions asked-banned me for like apparently.,

     A big part of the problem was simply

      A) they didn't understand my screen name I chose: abortionondemand

      B)   I begun my post as the orators of Rome did, as Cicero did, "Firebaggers and Obamabots! Obamabots and Firebaggers! Lend me your ears!"

       I spoke to some who read KOS "off the record" (I love using that phrase makes me feel like Woodward and Bernstein!) and I got some interesting feed back.

        One person basically hated me for it and unfollowed me and wouldn't speak to why she was so upset and that was the end of it.

        Another who was and remains a friend told me that she gets that my heart was in the right place but that they are just very hypersensitive at KOS now.  She thinks-and this makes sense to me-a new tone started during the 2009 campaign between Obama and Clinton. More recently she says there has been some real bigoted language and profane talk-during the debate over gay marriage there was some very homophobic lagnuage used.

         I see her point but ultimately a third person who sometimes read KOS suggested to me that I should forget them at KOS it's not the right crowd there for me. She understands my flair for irony but reasons that they are in a shallower end of the pool there and I think she's right.

         If there is anything that is true about me and I've had to learn this about myself the hard way is I have not ever been one who has ever been very good at coloring between the lines. No point in trying to be a square peg in a round hole.

         That they really took me to be a Right wing troll for my "aborionondemand" name just shows how much my brand of irony completely flew over their head.

          To speak as unironically as I get, I am wholly committed to a woman's right to choose. More than any issue, perhaps-political or social issue I mean here not economic which I regard as different-I believe and fundamentally support a woman's right too choose.

           Perhaps no book I ever read appalled me more than Susan Faludi;s "The Backlash Against Women's Rights" where she described the horrendous way that Religious anti-abortion groups mobilized against a woman's right to choose.

            Just in this years Tea Party House there was a bill that attempted to redefine rape down-certain kinds of rape would not be considered rape!-and another bill would have allowed "medical professionals" at hospitals-medical professionals of course being so widely construed that anyone could qualify if they worked at a hospital, doctor, nurse, administrator, maybe even a janitor would qualify as "a medical professional."

             Any such medical professional would have the right to deny an abortion to a woman based on their own personal ethical values even if the woman's life hung in the balance.

              And yet the same firebaggers who believe that the Democrats who voted for the Stupak amendment are terrible sellouts(they include NARAL) are willing to work to knock out such Democrats-who are mostly prochoice but had to make a tough compromise which didn't roll back any current abortion rights simply (regrettably) did not extend them in the health care services newly available through HCR-even if it means electing more tea partiers who given the votes could make these provisions about redefining rape and denying rape even to a dying woman law.

              If my inability to "colour between the lines" won me no friends at DKOS it hasn't helped me in my posts at FDL.

              http://my.firedoglake.com/descartes/

       Just the other night an FDLer who calls herself  "SheKissesFrogs" declared my style is the most offensive she has seen in years. http://my.firedoglake.com/metamars/2011/07/28/rand-paul-urges-obama-to-take-default-off-the-table-stop-scaring-ss-recipients/

       Fact is I really like her name but she clearly wants no part of me cause I fail the litmus test there: I'm not an Obama-hater.

       So here I am trying to perhaps engage in a different kind of liberal blog. Maybe the other ones have gotten so big now that there are too many cliques and there's no place for a newbie-unless he parrots the party line and stays inside the lines.


       So if you want another kind of liberal blog you are at the right place. There are some other good ones which have come out

      http://extremeliberal.wordpress.com/ Extreme Liberal of course, as well as The People's Voice, The Reid Report, Angry Black Lady, and Eclectablog.

       So that's my vison for Diary of a Republican Hater(I don't equivocate).

       If you enjoy my site or have a comment feel free to leave your comment.

       I know some feel gun shy after the treatment they may have incurred at other sites: they don't want to be kicked in the teeth for expressing themselves.

        If  that is your concern I assure you will not incur that kind of treatment here.

        Believe it or not, despite my often tongue in cheek style I honestly want a productive dialogue to see that our goals are achieved-Democrat victories across the board in 2012; much to be inspired about here, like NY-25 and Wisconsin, et al!-and a progressive/liberal agenda forwarded in our country!

        So if you want to comment but prefer to be anonymous you can as I've enable this site so that you can leave a message as "anonymous."

        If you don't mind using your name-or even a screen name, great! I hope some will choose that method but it's up to you. As you can see I don't mind using my real name. Again it's Mike Sax-fully Michael Lee Sax-but I prefer Mike.  But if you prefer not fine as well not scorning you for your feelings.

      If you would like to join it's very easy, just scroll a little beneath the twitter box updates and click the little green join tab. Takes 2 secs-entirely painless I assure you!

      As a member you can still leave anonymous comments of course if that's your preference.


      Again appreciate your time and interest. Obama 2012! Democrats 2012! A progressive tomorrow!!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment