Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Banned at FDL: Was it Something I Said?

http://firedoglake.com/2011/08/09/mitt-romney-is-unqualified-to-be-president-on-his-own-merits-not-because-hes-a-mormon/

http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2011/08/09/obamas-2008-hope-morphs-into-2012-slash-and-burn/

      I had praised Hamsher just the other day for her coverage of S&P and this is the thanks I get! I knew she was looking for an excuse but this a pretty lame one. Yesterday Jane chose to have not one but two posts claiming that the Obama campaign-specifically David Axelrod- was engagang in religious intolerance by attacking  Romney as "weird" due to his Mormon faith. So as she really seemed to be belaboring this religious intolerance line I commented on it.

    I said that in fact Romney is a weird guy and I see nothing wrong in saying so. It was weird when he pretended a waitress grabbed his ass-at least maybe it was even harassment. It was weird when he "joked' about he knows what it's like to be unemployed as he himself is-as a multimillionaire-that's not such bad "unemployment." 

     I did also point out that while I agree you shouldn't engage in bigotry the fact is that there is something a little weird about Mormons. They have the tradition of a man marrying mulitple wives-but wives of course can't marry multiple husbands. So cleary this is misogyny and sexism.

     I think that not just Mormonism, but all fundamentalist religions based on misogyny and the notion that women must submit to their husbands as some Baptist groups declared a few years ago or some of the Promise Keepers demand are suspect and mentioning this is not wrong in itself.

     As far as using less reputable angles in a campaign I don't normally like to see it either. I certainly hate when scandal mongering is used to knock a liberal lion like Weiner from office.

     But why does Jane feel the need to write not one but two pieces on the idea that Obama is using such tactics? Is this really such a slow news day?

     We have the Wisconsin recall, and the wild day on the market where after the Fed's words the Dow which dropped 600 yesterday and was down by over 300 in the premarket ended up by over 400, while the bond market made a clear statement that they consider to find American Treasuries the safest investment in the world and Jane feels that accusing Obama of anti-Mormon bigotry demands two long posts?

      She loves to accuse people of working for the DNC; if she doesn't work for the RNC she should. I'm sure Rove sees her site as a wild card that might influence some liberals to not vote for O, stay home, or even-as diarists like Metamars and Bin Quick recommend-vote GOP.

     She banned me and even erased my comments however left the comments of a few firebaggers who gloated about my banning.

     "Jane, I am standing and applauding! I think we should definitely be prophylactic @ FDL and practice Safe Sax."  exulted hwoodvnear.

      attilathehen added, "In this case I recommend total abstinence! There is no safe Sax."

      Well that's ok, your loss FDL! You know what they say: all Sax is good Sax!

3 comments:

  1. They don't exactly appreciate a difference of opinion, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly Amos! Unfortunately that's the case with much of today's liberal blogosphere. Here at Diary of a Republican Hater we believe libs like us need a different approach!

    TK for reading!

    ReplyDelete