Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Hit the Trifecta: Now Democratic Underground Bans Me

      Here there's really no sense of closure as I don't even know why. Of course there is my screen name: abortionondemand, but I got not even a warning over the last week of posting. On my posts I even got some recommends and no trouble.

      If it was my handle they could have at least let me know first and given me a chance. Not that I would have changed it but still, to ban someone without warning or offering a rhyme or reason is pretty weak.

     As I was already banned at KOS and FDL, I have now hit the trifecta of big, liberal blogs. I guess my style doesn't play there. Oh well, you can't please all the people. As I have admitted before to you I've never done a great job of coloring between the lines. This just reinforces my basic premise for this blog: that the big establishment blogs are kind of closed shops for any real independent thinking and that-as many liberals I've spoken with have felt-we need some alternative media even to the Big Liberal Blogosphere.

     If abortionondemand offends some people nothing I can do. I wasn't gonna drop it as it wouldn't be me-I got to be a little goofy and irreverent sometimes.

    As I said during this whole Breitbart affair, the so-called liberal media is a myth; to the extent that any members of the mainstream press are honest and genuinely practice good, probing, objective journalism they will be tagged as "liberal media elites." That is in a way an involuntary admission by the conservatives that truth is on the side of liberalism.

    However the only real liberal media is here, my friends. we are the liberal media. More us-those of us who prefer the smaller independent liberal blogs like ExtremeLiberal, St. Louis Activist, Motor City Liberal, Blogging Blue, etc-than those at Big Liberal Media blogs like KOS, FDL, and DU. Those are too big and set in their ways perhaps for many who want a slightly different skew on things.

    It is my hope that Diary of a Republican Hater will be one such beacon of the real liberal media.

No comments:

Post a Comment