Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Congressman Steve King, We May Have a Bus For You Soon as Well

     If you want proof that the GOP has learnt nothing meaningful from their 2012 loss see how they've simply tabled immigration. That was supposed to be the one thing the party totally got that it had to change on. Then there was a suggestion by Heritage that this doesn't matter-they don't need the Hispanic vote, just need to have a White turnout in the future on the level that they had in 2008 rather than 2012.

    Yes, anyone with half a brain can see the problem with this argument-including Karl Rove, Rupert Murdoch, the Wall Street Journal editorial page-but this doesn't matter, the GOP believed Heritage. At this point the GOPers just think this is a joke or something:

   "Rep. Steve King (R-IA), notorious for his controversial remarks about undocumented immigrants, has no sympathy for DREAMers who want to enlist in the U.S. military."
     "Last year King said he opposed legislation that would help undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children gain legal status because many of them smuggle drugs."

     ""For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another 100 out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert," he said in an interview with Newsmax.

     http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-king-bus-to-tijuana-dreamers

     Morgan Warstler wants to chide me that hating Republicans isn't what a deep thinker does.

     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/03/unemployment-benefits-and-my-scott.html#comment-form

     I beg to differ. I think anyone who listens to folks like this and doesn't' feel acute disgust has something wrong with them.

    In a few years though the GOP won't be laughing and telling these great jokes about 130 pounds with calves the size of watermelons. Maybe they'll have to move to Tijuana themselves as they certainly won't be winning many elections in this country. 

    Not to pick on Morgan-I like him as I've told you. However, it's my blog and I'll call it what I want to. He is confident that NGDPLT and GI are going to give him what starve the beast didn't. I have my doubts. I think that the immigration issue is going to be a killer. Which is not to say that I agree that NGDPLT will work as Sumner claims it will just that there is another leg to the stool. 

    P.S. Obviously there's a certain amount of levity in calling myself a Republican Hater. I don't go around hating anyone in day to day life-including Republicans as I don't usually discuss politics unless someone else really wants to do it. Really this title was just kind of a tweak of the David Brooks-Bob Woodward Very Serious Media who thinks that every difference can be resolved with a 'both sides do it.' Not really. If you as a school prinicpal bring two kids into your office and chide both of them you're doing some real monumental harm if one of these kids is a bully and the other is his victim. With the title I just meant to tweak the Bipartisan Police. 

   Actually, I had meant to call this blog AbortiononDemand but when I had to choose a name I forgot that and came up with Diary. I may not be the poster boy for 'playing well with others.' I got banned by all the liberal blogs, all of them. Firedoglake, DemocraticUnderground, and Daily Kos. on Kos, I literally got banned after writing one post there. 

   http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/08/banned-from-big-liberal-blogsophere.html

    I'm just a guy who has an opinion and doesn't care who disagrees with me and when I see everyone else in the room agrees on something, I become less willing to agree rather than more. 

    I usually end up not going with the flow no matter which way it's going. While others say 'When in Rome' I say, 'If we were in Rome, I would be Cesar.'

    

No comments:

Post a Comment