Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Huffington Post Plays Lucy With the Football on Hapless Blogger

     They got my hopes up with an offer to do HuffPost Live today and then took it away just as fast. Here are all the down and dirty details here.

     Tom Coburn's weasel words 

      It's back to obscurity, my talents remaining unrecognized-shudder.  LOL, 

      However, they did say that I should be able to do other segments. In any case this is a big month for us over at Diary of a Republican Hater-it would have been a very opportune time for a Hufington Post appearance. However, Rome wasn't built in a day. We are now celebrating 2 years at Diary this month. 

     The exact birthday for the blog is June 9, 2011 with my star-crossed-not to say Quixotic-first post defending Anthony Weiner. Who knew he would come back? Only in America I guess. 

     http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/05/anthony-weiner-subway-ride.php?ref=fpb

     For that first piece-called aptly enough In Defense of Anthony Weiner-see here. 

     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

     I later had some fun with Breitbart and friends-may he rest in peace. 

     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/08/andrew-breitbart-enemy-of-american.html

     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2011/08/andrew-breitbart-answers-my-phone-call.html

     I say let him rest in peace but not the movement he spawned. Good that at least James O-Keefe got what he had coming to him. 

     http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/07/report-james-okeefe-to-pay-100k-settlement-to-f/192958

     See I don't think Breitbart got what's coming to him-he died so he escaped what he truly deserved: by dying he manages to keep his good name. In life, he would have been discredited along with O'Keefe. 

     There is a fate worth than death: symbolic death, social death. 

      What really ticks me off is phony Democrats like Governor Cuomo or even Harlem Congressional Rep Charlie Rangel piling on Weiner. I mean Charlie Rangel?!! As if he hasn't ever experienced ethical charges. 

       http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/andrew-cuomo-anthony-weiner-nyc-mayor-91815.html?hp=r3

       During the time of Weiner's fall, it was like every Democrat in the country wanted to pile on, it's as if the chance to act Holier than Thou is impossible to resist. Even Bill Clinton was lecturing him. Hello? Unlike Clinton, Weiner didn't even have any actual sex-though it was Clinton who got us to the ontological crisis of questioning what "sex" even is. It depends on what your definition of is is. 

      I would love nothing more than to see Weiner win. I'm not a New Yorker-I'm in the state not the City-but I'm rooting for him and he's my first choice as Nanute-who is a New Yorker also feels. 

     Any way, maybe I can take this opportunity-with our approaching two year anniversary and my Lucy with the football moment to appeal to you to see if you can donate a small tip of gratitude and help for our content hear-by "our' I mean 'mine'. Think of it this way-if you can do $5 you would be helping a lot. In economics they talk about the marginal utility of money. In this case $5 for me will do a lot more than it will by itself for you. 

     I can make my appeal pathetic or uplifting. 

     Pathetic: c'mon haven't I suffered enough rejection for one day? Aren't we liberals supposed to be for the little guy?  For just $5 you can make this lemon into lemonade! If this plaintive plea can't reach you it makes me wonder if you're a-closet conservative.

     Or I can go with the uplifting route. It's a small brew but it's brewing. My blog is read by economic professors and a number of people at the Huffington Post-Josh Marshall I believe reads me as well. 

     This is a winning train, don't be left behind because of $5. My first telethon last month was ok. For those who contributed-thank you! I love you very much. 

     If you didn't I still love you very much, though not as much as I could. 

    http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-word-to-all-my-diary-of-republican.html

    I think the regular commentator Greg says it best for why you should consider a donation. 

    "Glad to help. For less than $0.20/day I can keep up with the machinations in the mind of Sumner!"

     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-fiscal-multiplier-sumner-vs-bernanke.html?showComment=1367880323199#c5650384004717391215

   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment