Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Alan West, Cliff From Cheers, and Moment of Levity

     I'm in the mood for some levity right now as I just finished my second day at the Long Island home improvement company I mentioned. Second day and I got my first lead, which best of all actually got led to an immediate sale. It was a good list I had today though-yesterday they gave us bad leads.

    This one was of people who have done home improvements in the past. The woman I got had done many thousands of dollars with us in the past. She just said she wanted a new railing for here patio stairs and the sales guy sold her on a new roof so presto! I had a $10,000 sale-as I get 1% of sales that's an extra $100 in my pocket right there.

     If I get any more sales like this, maybe I can finally take out my benefactor, Nanute, for lunch soon-rather than the usual where he takes me.

    Nice second day. No question the light at the end of my tunnel is coming into better focus. Still the only down side is I got much less time than I used to write at Diary. I'm on the break between the new morning job-9-2 and the evening job at Slomin's which is 5 to 9. We'll see how many I can get done during a 2 hour layover.

    I just came across a story that gives you the ultimate in levity: You remember Cliff from Cheers? Turns out that his real name is John Ratzenberger and even more embarrassingly he's one of Allen West's biggest fans.

    "Conservative actor John Ratzenberger, who is best known as the character “Cliff” from the television sitcom Cheers, on Friday called for former Rep. Allen West (R-FL) to take “something from his gene pool” and “put it everywhere across this great country.”

     "Ratzenberger was introducing West at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority conference. He also called West a “real American.”

    “We should really take something from his gene pool and put it everywhere across this great country,” Ratzenberger said. “A real American hero, my friend, Allen West.”

      http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/14/cliff-from-cheers-wants-allen-west-to-spread-his-gene-pool-across-america/

     This is amazing as when I imagine the quintessential conservative in my mind, this fellow looks a lot like Cliff Clavin.

      HT John Connors at his blog, Motor City Liberal.

     For some reason this library over at Island Trees, Levitown never allows me to visit Motor City Liberal here. It's a blocked site-who knows why? It may be because this area is pretty Right wing. So I couldn't link him here. When I go home tonight I will.


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not expecting any Popeye's from you 'till the you hit the mother lode. lol

    ReplyDelete