Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Am So Dependent On My Computer!

     As it is said you don't know what you have till it's gone. And what I had is gone-hopefully only temporarily. Yesterday I somehow lost my computer. I think on the Long Island Bus, I hope so for then there's a decent chance I will find it. Of course if I had left it at the bus stop before I got on then I'm SOL! But seems less likely.

    Have already put in my report with the transit people. Hopefully I will hear back from them today. At present I prefer not to think about  I will do if they don't find it. Really without my computer I am lost. I mean my computer is what has enabled me to get my radio show as I met Bob Abston and Turbo Kitty on Twitter. Of course Diary of a Republican Hater is only possible with a computer. Until (if) they find it I will have to use the library computer to even write Diary though of course they only let you stay on for about 2 hours. I may have to trek from here to other libraries. I have no car as that was repoed in August. My bike got a flat last week. Yeah living the American Dream-LOL! I will get a lot of exercise. This entire recession has been good for getting me used to walking and biking.

   I love technology. I know there are technophiles and technophobes but I'm much closer to the technophiles. And they make so much possible that wouldn't be otherwise! Life before the Internet was the dark ages.

   For now though I have to hope Scarlett O'Hara was right about depending on the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment