Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ben Rothlisberger Shows He's a Real Competitor

     I love his answer about Tom Brady:

     "The Patriots-Steelers matchup in Week 1 would be better off with Tom Brady involved, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said at Tuesday's session of organized team activities.
Roethlisberger, whose Steelers have faced New England eight times since he was drafted in 2004, jokingly asked if everyone's sure Brady won't be in the lineup, a nod to Brady's looming appeal of his four-game suspension for his role in the Deflategate controversy."
      "He's a guy, I've said for a long time, he's the best in the business, and he proved it again last year winning his fourth [Super Bowl]," Roethlisberger said. "If he's not out there, it's not the same. I have a lot of respect for him on the football field and some of the unbelievable things that he's done. I guess we'll wait and see what's finally going to happen."
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12956033/ben-roethlisberger-says-new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-matchup-better-tom-brady-playing
      He's right, it won't be the same which makes me wonder why exactly Goodell is doing this based on no direct evidence. 
      As I've written previously, I was disappointed that Bob Kraft backed off in contesting the punishment-I agree with Skip Bayless that this is throwing Brady under the bus. 
     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2015/05/now-i-think-just-little-less-of-robert.html
      Though there is an argument that Kraft's backing off was in exchange for Goodell going easier on Brady. 
     http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2015/05/on-robert-kraft-and-roger-goodell-lets.htmlI 
     P.S. People who say that Brady is a cheater don't cut any mustard with me as they use the word 'cheater' way too categorically. I think when talking of cheating you have to make some distinctions; for instance, while jaywalking and attempted murder are both 'breaking the law' we don't treat someone guilty of the first and the second anywhere near the same. 
    The people saying that Brady's record is tarnished are acting like it's attempted murder, even though this is clearly jaywalking-and that all teams engage in some version of jaywalking-not all deflate footballs but then some QBs like Aaron Rogers prefer the ball slightly over inflated. 
    To 'cut mustard with me' you have to do one of 2 things
    1. Persaude me that deflating the ball is not jaywalking but attempted murder. 
    2.  Convince me that no other teams in the NFL jaywalk. 
    Unless you can, then I think this is much ado about nothing and Brady doesn't deserve his record tarnished in any way. 
     
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment