Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Don't Think Jim Cramer Can Move the Market? Tell it to Pal Alto Networks

      The stock was up today and then began to sell during his call to sell the stock. He has long been a booster of the company and its stock but now says its time to ring the register. By the end of his call the stock was down $4.50 in after hours.

     http://finance.yahoo.com/video/cramer-time-sell-palo-alto-221500708.html

    I've talked about my love and admiration for Cramer in the past.

    http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/10/jim-cramer-declares-his-cheklist-met.html

    Jon Stewart admonished Cramer a few years ago that he needs him on his show to 'protect me from the hedge fund Jim Cramer.' I disagree-I know it's the 'hedge fund Jim Cramer' who knows how to make real money. So I loved that youtube video that showed him talking like a hedge fund manager.

     I love this Jim Cramer as much as a Jon Stewart hates it.

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMShFx5rThI

      At the end of the day the stock market is not a rational adding machine. I don't think it either can or should be made so. 

       More vintage Cramer

        http://brotherwatchblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/orwell-ebola-isis-and-immigration/

         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKnDMv6ceg

        As to the market-I've raised my white flag. I got just one thing to say to the bulls: you win. If you can't beat em join em. I did win on my one short on Amazon and now I'm ready to go long again. 

       http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/10/yesterdays-caterpillar-earnings-as.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DiaryOfARepublicanHater+%28Diary+of+a+Republican+Hater%29

       Of course, this may be a moment of 'famous last words'-the minute I get behind the bulls they fail me and it tanks again. I see that the technical guy, Carter, on Fast Money thinks we're actually at some very difficult technical levels. On a technical basis what he says makes sense. However, I do think on a fundamental basis the fact that we had new Ebola headlines and oil drop and still rally might suggest we're out of the woods-though Cramer himself says that if we go under $80 on oil the market could sell off again.

      Oh well. I got my head lobbed off staying bearish too long, hopefully I haven't time this perfectly wrong again.

       At the very least I can say this. I may be long but I'm in the two safest places to go in the market right now-Apple and Alibaba. I bought 25 shares in BABA and 20 Nov 14  $104 calls in Apple. Even should the market fall 200 points on Monday, I should be pretty insulated. Apple pretty limited down side even during the correction as did Alibaba. Now BABA is finally above it's opening price on its IPO day and Apple has just broken out above long term resistance at $103 after its big earnings beat.

 


3 comments:

  1. Dispersement of asset plays and important role at the time people invest in stock or any commodity as suggested by Epic research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your information...It's very useful for many users...I will be waiting for your next post.
    Visit Best Astrologer in Malleswaram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog. Thanks for Sharing!!! Wonderful blog & good post. It’s really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!
    For uPVC Sliding Windows in Bangalore. Contact us.

    ReplyDelete