Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Is Kim Kardashian the Latest Victim of Discrimination? Kayne West Says Yes

      Let me just say right away that I think he may be onto something here. Let me admit that I'm probably in the minority on my opinion here. I have to say though I so get tired of all the Kardashian bashing. For one thing it's too easy. Yeah, I know the knock-they're not famous for anything else but being famous. Well, they actually do the modeling stuff. 

     I mean there's still a reason why their famous and for instance people out there making this pithy argument aren't. Hey listen if people think your interesting enough to become obsessed with you just because your interesting more power to you. I was never such a Jessica Simpson fan who also got accused of this 'famous just for being famous' rap as well. Think is I really like the Kardashians. Jessica seemed like something of a dumb blond but these Kardashain girls are smart. 

     All this Kardashian bashing has got to go. Kim calls out these stupid people running around and 'dreaming that she was fat and ugly' with that 'Kim's Wedding From Hell' piece. 

     "It’s pretty unbelievable what people will do to sell a magazine… this picture says in really small print that it’s a “Photo Recreation.”  It’s not a real photo of me, but they’re implying that it is… Super lame!!"

       Then you have this piece where they take Kourtney Kardashian to task for not basically dissing her own sister. 

       "When the world learned that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West would grace the cover of the April issue of Vogue, the Internet just about lost its damn mind; Sarah Michelle Gellar threatened to cancel her subscription and Anna Wintour actuallyissued a statement about some not so nice rumors -- yet, somehow, Kourtney Kardashian hasn't heard about any backlash towards the issue."

       "During an appearance on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 24, to promote her family's new children's clothing line, Kardashian Kids, the 34-year-old reality star revealed she's been too busy to take note of any negative response to her sister's Vogue cover.
      "I haven't seen any reaction. I've literally been unpacking," Kourtney told GMA's Lara Spencer. "But, I don't hear about any news. I'm kind of like the last to hear about anything. I posted [the Vogue cover] on my Instagram and saw these amazing responses and stuff and I'm so happy for her."
      "But it goes even further than just being wrapped up in other things this weekend. The mother of two even played dumb when asked about West's very vocal campaign to get his fiancee on the magazine's cover."
       "Really? I swear I am the last to know anything," she said, looking dumbfounded. "But I'm really happy for them. I think it's beautiful."
       "Hmm, perhaps Kourtney missed that interview in which West stood up for Kim and her dream of being a Vogue cover girl, passionately telling Ryan Seacrest, "And there’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. She’s got Barbara Walters calling her like every day."
     http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/kourtney-kardashian-vogue-backlash_n_5021661.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment
     I mean give Kourtney a break-it's her sister, what is she supposed to do: criticize her too? She probably knows about this much ado about nothing but figures it's not worth her time. Full disclosure: I'm a big Kourtney fan-I like her better even than Kim. She's so small and cute and quite honestly I lovev the way she's a complete bitch to Scott. I love how she's OCD about everything-though honsetly I'm sure I wouldn't last a morning with her-seh probably get her house quarantined after I visited-LOL. With my eating habits and my messiness, what are you kidding me?
    As for Kayne, I guess he's supposed to make fun of his wife in public too. 
    "Kanye West is a man in love -- so in love that he may even be blinded by it."
     "The 36-year-old rapper has been gushing non-stop about his new fiancee Kim Kardashian, but, after his interview on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Oct. 29, it's becoming apparent that his judgement might also be rose-colored."
     "While chatting with Seacrest, West was asked what frustrates him, to which he replied:
      "Now for me, what I want to create isn’t about black and white, but the reason why I’m not able to create what I want to create is about being black and is about classism. And that’s that wall when I took [Kim] to the Met Ball and they put it up on Vogue.com and tried to say she wasn’t there because they didn’t want a reality show girl there," he told Seacrest. He also brought up the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which has decreed Kardashian ineligible for the honor because she's a reality star."
    "And classism has been going on before racism ... No, we’re classist. We have our cool table. We got our house in the Hamptons. We got our boat, and we got our ticket to the Met Ball … And there’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue," West said. "She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. She’s got Barbara Walters calling her like every day ... and collectively we’re the most influential with clothing."
    West continued, "No one is looking at what [President] Obama is wearing. Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day." And when Kim landed the cover of CR Fashion Book, the rapper saw it as a breakthrough. "[Former French Vogue editor] Carine Roitfeld supports my girl. That's a breakthrough. There's a wall of classism that we are breaking through."
     http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/kim-kardashian-michelle-obama_n_4174967.html
     I mean, I think he makes a point. All these actors think their better than reality stars but people watch reality stars. I love reality stars, I love reality tv. So everyone knocks it-but it still keeps going. So what? Sarah Michelle Gellar is cealry being classist. Look I love her too, of course, but I think there's an abtuseness about reality stars that Kayne touches on. Good job sir. 
     Yes, what's the world coming to-my last two posts have been about Nick Minaj's family not tipping and now Kim Kardashian. What can I tell you? I had always intended this blog to be about everything and anything anyway. 
      My econ nerds though may wonder what's up. Well I feel kind of bad really-I haven't gotten time to blog so much lately. I do work 40 hours a week and then there's a long bus commute-it all takes the better part of 2 hours till I get to a computer. Then it's not so much that I'm not writing as that I am reading. I've been reading a lot of economics, more than ever. Even where I have written a little less lately I am more fascinated with econ than ever before. I'm reading that Arethya fellow which I previously chronicled and I'm also reading Mankiw. 
      Reading about something that interests you is one thing, writting about it is something else. From my point of view reading is more important really as I'm learning new things when I read-writing is me trying to write about what I already know such as that it is. However, they're both important and hopefully in time I'll have these brilliant Eureka moment insights in economics I'm always hoping I'll have. I don't really have a problem with Sumner saying I'm ignorant of economics as it's the truth-Socrates was another great man who recognized his ignorance. My problem with Sumner is that he meant it pejoratively and that he doesn't at least give me credit for wanting to learn. 
      So there will be more. However, no apologies for Kardashain madness. Never. For me reality tv is great. You can go watch your PBS is if you don't like it-listen to me! LOL. What the actors are forgetting is that what fascinates us about them as well is not just the roles they've done, the credits they've rolled up. We're fascinated by that Zizekan Thingness about them, Objet Petit A I think Zizek alls it. In some sense then reality stars take what actors do and even go beyond them taing it to an even a higher level.  They kind of parade their Thingness, their fascinatingness for all the world to see. They are such exhibitionists, truly terminal narcissists and I love them for that. 
     P.S. I really like Kim but as I said I like Kourtney even more. However, if anything, I like Kim more lately-and feel bad for her after her sisters kind of turned against her. I like Kourtney's bitchiness like I said but Kim is a huge bithc as well clearly. I think if anything Kourtney's bitchiness is unsung. I really liked the way Kimtook over her Mom's house recently and got all bossy-I've never beeen a big Kris fan anyway,  that woman truly unnerves me. I can't blame Bruce though is he really getting a sex change or is this a joke about his new coloring?
    I like Kim's bitchiness and hope she finds happiness with Kayne-the only thing that would bring me greater pleasure, of course, is if she found it with me, but evidently, that aint going to happen any time soon. 
    On the other hand I think she's better as a brunette-thankfully Kourtney is the one of the big three-the other being Khloe-not going blond. 
     In my next post I'm going to update my readers on my latest happenings. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment