Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Latest on My Life and Times: an Update for My Readers

      I've not been happy about the fact that my production has been down a bit lately but it's been difficult with the 40 hour a week telemarketer job-I get off at 5 but then it takes me another 2 hours just to get home-when you factor the time spent waiting for a transfer at the Hempstead bus terminal, etc. 

      So by the time I get to a computer it's already about 7 at night and then I don't always feel like writing anything. It's not just about not wanting to-really I want to but I also want to get my reading in and as I explained in my last post, in some ways reading-ie, learning-is more important than regurgitating what you already know. 

      "Reading about something that interests you is one thing, writting about it is something else. From my point of view reading is more important really as I'm learning new things when I read-writing is me trying to write about what I already know such as that it is. However, they're both important and hopefully in time I'll have these brilliant Eureka moment insights in economics I'm always hoping I'll have. I don't really have a problem with Sumner saying I'm ignorant of economics as it's the truth-Socrates was another great man who recognized his ignorance. My problem with Sumner is that he meant it pejoratively and that he doesn't at least give me credit for wanting to learn. "

 

   As regular, long time readers also know, I've recently come into some money-that is to say I'm in the process of inheriting it. If you believe Sumer you'd think I'd become a Sumner Republican overnight. In fact this is not happening in the least. I still think he's all wet in posts like this. 

    http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=26739#comments

    My next post will be about this linked post. For now a little more on the latest happenings of yours truly. A good friend of mine at work has a friend that is in Live Pro Wrestling, a Long Island wresting league. I've been to some matches and find it kind of cool. Yes, of course it's all fake, but I do love the theater and the pain is real enough for certain. 


    Now the owner of the league has approached me to purchase the team. I have,a number of concerns and reservations not to mention misgivings but have decided to at least talk to him a little about it. Whether I would ever do this depends an a number of factors, number 1 what is his asking price-it can't be any more, than about $25,000-a ceiling not a floor. 

     I continue to like my job at work but got in a little trouble recently for me playing the market on my Kindle between calls. I don't get it. If you check the board you see I'm still putting up numbers. I know one thing, I want to keep working there-I want a day job-but certainly must keep up with the market as my positions in options can change at any moment. 
   

     
   

3 comments:

  1. Please do not buy a wrestling team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan that's probably the kind of constructive advice I need. LOL. Why do you know anyone who's done it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean as long as I don't overpay for it what's the harm?

    ReplyDelete