Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Europeans Demand Google Give Them Their 'Right to be Forgotten'

     Hello to my Diary readers. I feel a little shamefaced to be honest with you like I've been neglecting you. I know most people would say that as I'm working a lot and other things it's understandable for production to go down but to be quite honest with you, I'm not most people and always notice when people like Krugman cut back because of 'the intrusions of real life.'

     However, it may be that with a smaller quantity you sometimes can give higher quality. During 2011-my lowest personal ebb, when I was unemployed the last 8 months of the year-I was sponging off the state with $144 a week in UI, no doubt that's why Sumner doesn't like me (LOL)-I was prolific as I was also in the cursed Summer of 2012-that year I got fired from that security job in May and then the guy who had fired me vindictively fought my even getting my pittance from UI-this time only $133. So that Summer I had no job and no money.

    Things started to improve all at once in September. I got the satisfaction of beating him in arbitration-so seeing his face as I beat him then I got that job at Slomin's-at the Job Fair at the Baldwin Library. It was fitting I got a job there as that's where I hung out every day. However, while I''m enjoying being gainfully employed-and having money-yeah, less from the job than my 'good fortune' I've mentioned in previous posts, that is I've come into money-I have not been writing as much lately. I'm not happy about that.

    Yet it's not just that I have less physical time than ever-on weekends I hang with a friend of mine from work-he was literally homeless when I met him-cause he has an actual car and we are starting a music group-it's also that when I do get in front of a computer I often feel less like writing than reading. While Sumner tries to insult me as being ignorant of economics, I agree that in general I'm ignorant-it's what Socrates admitted as well. The difference with him is he knew he was ignorant while others deluded themselves.

    I've been reading a lot of economics lately and in time no doubt this will pay off more than 'writing more about what I already know.' Speaking of which, I see that the Europeans have cornered Google and are making it respect their 'right to be forgotten.'

    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101716872

   I guess that's the difference between us and Europe and why they remain the Old World. For me I'd rather demand my 'right to be remembered.' Being forgotten sucks and yes I speak from personal experience.

   Google for its part did a number on me when it banned my blog from adsense in 2013 suddenly with no explanation-from what I have heard and it isn't much, it may be that its been flagged as 'too political.' Do Republicans have clout even at Google, the alleged liberal bastion?

    I tell you I'd be willing to do almost anything to get back on adsense. Is there anyone out there reading this who knows anything about how you'd get back on? C'mon don't any of you work for Google or know someone who does?

    If you could only help me it'd be worth your while. I'm not even joking, I'd be willing to pay a decent cash award to anyone who could tell me how to get back on-mind you I'd have to try it first and see that it worked, which I'd know once I was reinstated at adsense.

    How much? Maybe as much as $5000. Oh well, I wonder if I've just broken a law somewhere.

     I never get tired of Family Guy's Stewie and Brian here, "Road to Rhode Island." Especially the part 'W're Rhode Island bound like two students who were rejected by Harvard and forced to go to Brown."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebBYiVQU4pM

    Have a Blessed Day.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment