Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Kourtney Kardashian, the Hamptons, and Following the Yellow Brook Road

     My long time reader and friend Nanute dropped by with this observation:

     "It's seems like you're following the yellow brick road, Mike. Glad to see things are going your way. Moderation my friend, moderation. :)"

        http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/06/in-kourtney-kardashian-i-trust-once.html#comment-form

        Indeed, I think that about sums it up. Note that this assumes there is a Yellow Brick Road-I believe there is no matter how much others may doubt. This weekend was Act II for my buddy Kevin and I's Quixotic quest to meet the Kardashians. 

       We came close last night, at least in physical proximity. At the club Oak 1 in Southampton we were close but no cigar as we didn't have a reservation-I had actually tried to get a reservation at 7:30 that evening but evidently that was way too late-we didn't know about the party until then. 

     You've heard the phrase May the Force be with you but this weekend it was all about The Power of the Shirt. That t-shirt I had made up which I previously mentioned-a white T with a picture of Kourtney Kardashian with the words In Kourtney Kardashian I Trust  On the back of the shirt reads Behold the Social Anomaly-I didn't think of Nietzsche's Behold the Man in time but I like the social anomaly phrase-for one thing that's the name of our group-Kev and I and few others who will be in it. Also I like to think of us as I kind of motley crue that is kind of unorthodox to say the least-ie, kind of a social anomaly. 

      That shirt got notices everywhere in Southampton. The Black security guard at Dash had a picture taken of the both of us in it-and today a woman at the beach took a picture of me. Yes I wore the shirt throughout the weekend. Of course, that party out One Oak was for: Scott Dishick, who is the Father of Kourtney's children and her husband in everything but name. 

      If I had gotten in there that might have been a rather interesting situation to say the least. This morning Kev and I also played our songs-I sung, he did the guitar as well as sung. We got some thumbs up there as well. At the beach I called out to no one in particular-but in the earshot of a young Indian boy 'Are you ready to be amazed?'-he turned around and said 'yeah!' 

      Our security guard friend at Dash told us that the Sisters are going out to LA but will be back in the middle of July. We will be back on the 13th through to the 18th-having booked a reservation over at the Southampton Inn already. Hey this is where the Yellow Brook Road is leading us. 

     P.S. I see my pursuit of Kourtney such as it is as rather a long shot-I said it's Quixotic. .They are after all expecting their third child together. My best pitch though is that Scott may not be a terrible guy but he spends all his time out with his drinking buddies being the Lord while his Lady is stuck at home with the kids alone. I can in this sense be a kind of anti Scott-not a big partier and someone who will give her lots of-not to say worshipful-attention. 

      I pitched this scenario at work in front of a 24 year old girl in our office and she thinks it will work that I will win her over with this but that she will ultimately break my heart. This girl should be a writer. 

1 comment:

  1. The Yellow Brook Road? A yellow brook eventually turns into a river by I P Daily. I think you need a videographer to film Mikey and Kev's Excellent Adventure. On a serious note, what does all this say about rational expectations, As you note, it's a long shot, which I think is a rational observation.

    ReplyDelete