Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

How Many Nails Does it Take to Bury a Keynesian? Did Sumner Just Call Me Fat?

      I can't tell for sure though, you know me, I'd almost rather believe he has in me in mind here. After a recent post where he had grandiosely claimed to have put 'two more nails in the Keynesian coffin' I asked him just how big the Keynesian coffin is-there seem to be two more nails added to it every week. Here was his response:

      "There are a lot of Keynesians that need to be buried, and some of them are rather obese."

     http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=24616#comment-292467

       I can think of only two people who could have in mind-me or Brad Delong. I believe Delong is rather heavy. I for my part-I'm a big guy let's just say. Still how would Sumner know that-maybe by looking at the picture on my blog. Or maybe it's a coincidence-he just happened to pick on fat people and it just so happens: I'm fat?

      We know he likes to pick on the unemployed-recall his deriision when I pointed out that I've been unemployed?

      http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2013/10/mark-sadowski-may-be-great-wonk-but-he.html

    He also picks on fat people? What's next pulling cats tails or clubbing baby seals? Forbthe record I don't get what all his triumphalism is because GDP was 2.8% in the third quarter. We're not in as bad a shape as the EU but we-as he admits himself-we're far from  healthy. However, once you admit that the economy has a lot of room for improvement what is the basis for saying that the sequester did no harm? We could have used the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost-and counting to the sequester.

    If it weren't for the steep loss of government jobs over the last few years we would be where we want to be.

    http://pragcap.com/what-if-barack-the-government-job-slayer-had-been-more-like-reagan-the-government-job-creator

    Roche may be clever in calling Obama a destroyer of government jobs and Reagan a creator but of course it's the House GOP rather than Obama who writes the budgets alas. He has called for more stimulus spending-like in his jobs bill of 2011. The GOP doesn't want to do anything to actually help the economy but rather hope problems hurt Obama and benefit themselves-kind of like their strategy with Obamacare as well.

   Anyway, with Scott now rising to the level of picking on people's weight he sounds like a Republican himself.

   P.S. Was Keynes overweight? I don't know-I still wonder if he had me in mind. I'm must like that Carly Simon song-'you probably this song is about you, don't you, don't you?' I kind of would welcome that it was about me.

   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment