Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hillary's Debate Last Night Was Almost Like a General Election Performance

I think this is partly because the mainstream is closer to the Dems than the GOP. I and others have noted that she focused on GOP in last night's debate.

http://lastmenandovermen.blogspot.com/2015/10/debate-analysis-while-other-candidates.html

What I mean by this being a general election rather than a mere primary performance is that she positioned herself in a way that appealed not just to the Dem base but a general election audience.

Seventy-nine percent of Democratic insiders surveyed said she dominated her four opponents onstage. Fifty-four percent of Republicans said the same.

"Not even close," an unaffiliated New Hampshire Democrat said. "Hillary crushed it tonight."

"I think that everyone walked into this debate looking for her to make a mistake, and she didn't," an Iowa Democrat said. "On top of that, Sanders' lack of preparation showed, and O'Malley was trying too hard to look presidential to be effective."

Marveled a New Hampshire Republican, "She stood out as a leader, charismatic and personal. It may have been an out-of-body experience."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/the-politico-caucus-democratic-debate-winner-loser-insider-214771#ixzz3oYEHIHmi
See this is what I mean: you have a Republican calling it an out of body experience. And I think it was. When you compare the total dysfunction in the GOP, the war on all institutional leaders, Hillary comes in sharp relief. Finally an actual leader. Someone with gravitas, experience, and about getting things done rather than mere rhetoric.

I think her progressive with results is just the right attitude to take. Bernie just says 'break up the big banks and lets get the money out of politics'-nice slogans on a campaign stump speech but light on detail.

This is what I really do like about her. She is the ultimate institutionalist. That means she's about getting things done. I think if there is anything most Democrats and indeed most Americans are sick of it's not getting anything done.

Look I'm a Hillary bot from way back-I'm also an Obamabot for those who have read me for awhile. I'd pay her to drink her bathwater.

Maybe I shouldn't reveal this. LOL

Call it my Chris Matthews tingling leg moment.

But last night the party and even the country saw a glimpse of why. She really is that good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment