Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Serenading Kourtney Kardashian in the Hamptons

     Ok a few firsts here. First and foremost, I finally figured out how to post a video online. Here is me and my co-worker and right hand man Kevin Rogers-these days I'm rich enough to have a right hand man-in the Hamptons over at Cooper Beach.

     I actually want to sing this song to Kourtney but while we didn't catch her last July 4th weekend, we did manage to sing for some of the locals out at Cooper Beach in Southampton. We got some good feedback-a number liked our performance, and some took pictures. This teenage girl told us she loved it. Then she had us play for some of her friends. I asked her if she could take a video of us on my phone-I think you'll see she did a very good job.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=769536876430002&set=vb.100001210893703&type=2&theater

    Today we went to NYC in the hope of riding the TMZ Celebrity Tour Bus-I had bought priority seats for us but I had mistakenly thought that it was at 11 A.M.-it was at 10 so we missed it all. Luckily, they gave us a rain check for next week on Saturday-this is a tour where you can meet some celebrities-indeed, the commercial for this tour showed people meeting Kim Kardashian herself.

    So our Quixotic Quest will continue. What seems clear is that we've now did our song and dance in a number of different locales-Southampton, yesterday at some picnic for Kevin's Church, and today in NYC and we always find folks who like our act-a guy actually gave us $5 for it today! We had Kev's wrestler friend Pauly doing his crazy shtick-wearing his caveman suit and letting Kev punch him right in the stomach-he can take Kev's punches without seeming to feel any pain-and the guy was like 'You guys are great together at whatever it is that you do.'

   We're something of a variety act I guess you could say which is why America's Got Talent might be the ideal place for us to try out. Of course, whenever I perform I wear my custom made 'In Kourtney Kardashian I Trust' t-shirt.

   On the back though it says 'Catch the Social Anomaly'-this is kind of our theme. I see us as kind of engaging in a crazy social experiment as well.

    Anyway, folks, thanks as always and have a great week.

     P.S. Yes, I still am into economics, politics and all the monetary debates. I've been reading more than I've been writing on this lately though I have written some pretty big posts on econ lately too as you know if you've been following. I continue to find Piketty's book just a tremendous resource and find all the conservative sniping at him quite telling.

     The interesting thing is that while he sees the big problem as the increasing ratio of capital vs. labor income but as he shows in the U.S. the big increase in income inequality since 1980 has much more to do with an unprecedented increase in wage inequality rather than the increase in capital vs. labor income-this problem he sees as being more prevalent in Europe than the U.S.

   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment