Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Giants 45 Redskins 14: Why Rules Are Meant to be Broken

      Thank goodness they are meant to be broken otherwise I would have not bet on the Giants yet again. What can I tell you. I had promised after their terrible game Week 1 in Detroit not to be on the Giants again.

       http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/09/cpi-falls-in-august-giants-fan-and.html

       So what made me do this again? A few things probably. First of all, I'm a big fan and always want to think they can win. However, in all honesty they looked a lot better the last couple of weeks. In their second game-a 25-14 loss to the Cardinals that I actually saw at the stadium; my first time watching a football game at the stadium ever-they looked a lot better. Week 1 they just got beat on all sides of the game-offense, defense, special teams.

     Against the Cardinals they were a lot better. Eli had a very strong game with lots of completions and yards but he-and the rest of the team-made lots of stupid mistakes that beat themselves.

    Still beating yourself through bad mental errors is a major step up from getting beaten up badly which is what happened against the Lions. Then last week after making some mistakes early against an unbeaten Houston team, they shook it of and played a very strong game winning 30-17.

    So I figured they had a chance this week against the Redskins. They were dominating against Houston and they have been so tonight against the Skins-who knows how much longer we will be allowed to call them that?

    Add to this the fact that the Giants always play well against Washington-year after year, going back to 1984. Check it out, they've absolutely dominated them since then.

    So I broke my rule and won this time. It's going so well I'm writing this now with 9 minutes still left right now. Since I started writing this, the Giants have scored again and then picked off Kirk Cousins again and the Giants with a 38-14 lead are at the 10 yard line again now.

     No doubt, part of why I beet this was why I bet week 1-Week 3 like Week 1 was good for me, I made $720 over the weekend; I was right on the Bengals and Saints, just missing on the Patriots who of course beat the Raiders but only by 7 points.

     UPDATE: The Giants just scored again to go up 45-14. You know, before the season I was saying that the one thing you could say to build a case for the Giants is that everyone thought they would be lousy. As I recall that's what all the brilliant prognosticators were saying in 2007 and 2011 too.

     Another update: the Giants win here tonight gives them 96 all time against the Skins which is the most of any NFL team against another one.

      Eli had exactly 300 yards-he's just been relieved by Ryan Nassib. I notice that the while Eli threw 4 TDs tonight and ran for a 5th and the Giants intercepted Cousins 4 times, Eli had at least as many commercials tonight.

      Yeah, sure. He's not as great as Brady. I mean Eli hasn't won a Super Bowl in 10 years while Brady has won 2 since then-oh, wait.

       He'll never be as good as his brother he has won twice as many Super Bowls-oh wait,

       This weekend I'm going with the Colts over Tennessee and Steelers over Tampa. As I got the jump on this throw away game tonight, if I get both of those I might not bet on the 4 o'clock games on Sunday. If I don't then I will take the Chargers over Jacksonville and maybe the Eagles over the Niners. As I already got the Giants as a dog straight up maybe I won't try that again with Philly if by then it's a good day.

      Getting the picks wrong sucks-today in the market was a day where everything went wrong, but I'm going to try to follow Jim Cramer in believing that you don't want to 'sell into weakness.'

      I've done pretty well with my football picks so far though-a 7-4 record so far and this game puts me up $1750 on the year, a nice 60% gain. Of course, getting picks right carries a certain risk-that you get too carried away-as a someone who enjoys market trading I know this all too well. So if both the Steelers and Colts come through, maybe I should sit out the evening games.

       As much as anything these games I'm looking at for Sunday is a bet against the teams my picks are playing. The Bucs, Titans, and Jaguars are all at the bottom of the NFL power rankings.

        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2211078-nfl-power-rankings-2014-teams-poised-to-make-biggest-moves-in-week-4

       
     
        

No comments:

Post a Comment