Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ok We Got Fired but at Least we Saw the Kardashians and Made the Paper

     I think it's a fair exchange. Yes, I haven't posted lately but as I've said before, me and my coworker-friend Kevin are big Kardashian fans as I've written about previously.

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2725240/Pregnant-Kourtney-Kardashian-continues-upstage-sister-Khloe-The-Hamptons-shows-bump-stylish-maternity-wear.html

      This week we took it to a whole 'nother level. Basically we took an unauthorized vacation. Ok-that was an act of defiance but though I really enjoyed my job selling snake oil to maintenance guys I had been a little disillusioned lately. For my love of telemarketing see here.

      http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/06/can-rational-expectations-explain.html

      http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2013/06/in-telemarketing-world-lord-giveth-and.htmlh

       No, not for Mark Sadowski's reasons.

       http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2014/02/mark-sadowskis-holy-war-against-slander.html

        However, lately I noticed a different tone at work. I really like my manager, a young Koren kid of only 25 who's very bright. I love his analytical approach to telemarketing. Contrary to what many sales offices believe the key is not to be 'spontenous' but rather to have a verbatim pitch that you memorize so completely that it sounds 100% natural-and so you sound 'spontaneous.'

       Lately, though the owner had been on everyone's ass. He went after Greg-the Korean manager, not his real name-for being so friendly with me. In early July I asked for one week off. Now this shouldn't even be difficult as it's not paid. At this glamorous company we don't even qualify for a paid week until one year-which would have been in September. However, the sticking point is that Kev and I wanted to take the time together. After all-he has the car and I have the money so it kind of makes sense. Plus we're a team.

      Now the owner-for spite I feel like giving his real name which he doesn't need out there with the aggressive tactics we use at that company-had a cow and said that Kev and I couldn't have the same week off as this would leave two desks empty and that if he went, then he would start looking for someone to fill up Kev's desk. This struck me as patently unfair and actually very objectionable. I mean, Kev and I-along with our Haitian coworker Ralph-all three of us started the same day last September-have been model employees since we started. We don't come late, we don't miss days, we get lots of sales and paids-Kev, in particular at that time was on quite a streak.

     Meanwhile, I know plenty of people there that are chronically late/absent and they haven't been fired. It's a long story but my supervisor-he's also 25 and best friends with Greg once got in a fistfight with another employee there and broke his nose-and neither of them were fired.

     So to me, it showed some real ingratitude. The owner's edict, confined Kev and I to only going Kardashian hunting on the weekend. However, I always felt that our only hope was if we came over during the week as well-after all, on the weekends the Kardashians tend to lay low, whereas they tend to go out and about more during the week. So it kind of deep sixed our plan as well.

     This last weekend we visited and again didn't meet them though we did get some pictures with their assistants and security guard over at Dash in Southampton. On Sunday it occurred to me that I now have money-why should I let some $300 dollar a week job-after taxes; even if you get the bonus it's just about $400 a week-clip my wings. So I texted Greg on Monday Morning and let him know that we're taking a week off but that we would be back next week if he wanted us.
 
     What happened is that the owner didn't like having his bluff called and we're gone evidently. I was quite pissed by this but funny enough that same night I checked my account-to see how secure I am till I get my main funds-I've gotten some smaller sums, but not the main cash yet. Would I have enough to be comfortable? What I discovered is that they just deposited another $36,000 in my account. That kind of put it in perspective. It would take 2 and a half years at the snake oil to make that much money.

      So maybe I shouldn't worry too much about those ingrates. After all, I have been planing to start my own mortgage business anyway.

      Anyways, today we finally hit paydirt-we bumped into them eating at Driver's Seat next to Dash. Though we couldn't get into their area-security guards closed it off we did see them-and best of all the paparazzi took a picture of Kev and I-we were two big guys with all those little girls around-we made quite an impression, but most important was I was wearing The Shirt: 'In Kourtney Kardashian I Trust.'

       http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2725240/Pregnant-Kourtney-Kardashian-continues-upstage-sister-Khloe-The-Hamptons-shows-bump-stylish-maternity-wear.html

        Scroll down and you'll see Kev and I.

        UPDATE: Scott Disick likes my picture!

         http://instagram.com/p/rsz5HMu37u/

No comments:

Post a Comment